Bounty Hunter Quick Silver or Bounty Hunter Tracker IV?

Seuban

Greenie
May 16, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Hi,

I'm new here and was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am looking at purchasing either a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV or a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver. I have researched both but I am very confused as to which one would be the better MD. I like the digital format and the depth reader of the QS but I have scoured the internet and have been unable to find many reviews on it. The Tracker IV has many positive reviews and seems to be good in most environments but it does not have a depth reader and has a meter instead of the digital face. I have read both manuals (which confused me even more!) but I would really like to get some honest opinions from people that have experience in this area. I know there are much, much better MD's on the market, but since I am just starting out I would prefer to buy an inexpensive but decent model. I would really appreciate any info or opinions that anybody might have. :icon_sunny:

Thanks!

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seuban...First of all welcome to Tnet. I am not familiar with the QS but I do have a Tracker IV...I still use the Tracker but I use my Whites and Ace 250 more. It is mainly used as a backup when all else fails. If you have the money for a quick silver..which runs around 200 bucks, I would do a little more investigating...The Ace 250 has the display screen and also a depth meter, which some will say is not accurate, but I would tend to disagree. Mine is pretty darn close...but like anything else, they may tell you it's a dime down 4 inches and end up being a beer can down 10 inches..just the nature of the beast. Also, Tesoro has one close to that price..the Silver Umax...It doesn't have a display screen but some folks like them..Do a little more reading and sure you will find one that will fit your needs..HH and GL

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Seuban,

I use a BH - Quick silver. It never gives me a false signal when going through tall grass, touching roots, or other things, like some detectors do. I usually find every item within 60 seconds. Takes like 4 scoops maximum. It has a depth range, so you can check how deep it is, if the item is small, skinny, or a little deeper then your setting, it will rarely pick up a signal and will be hard to locate. However adjust your depth to deep and it will beep like crazy. It doesn't have a built in pinpointer but you can easily pinpoint by doing an X pattern. Tells you exactly where it is.

I had used the Tracker IV for a few years, and it's not that good. Only 2 types of settings, and was very hard to find things. It is cheap if you want to start there.

I recommend the BH - QS, with the LCD screen, it tells you what kind of item it is.

OP
OP
Seuban

Seuban

Greenie
May 16, 2008
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Thanks everyone for your responses! I did some more research and decided to go with a Garrett Ace 250 like SC_Hunter recommended. Relichunters, I really appreciate the info on the Quicksilver. Unfortunately, I had already made my purchase. Otherwise I would definitely reconsider it. I was really interested in it and the Track IV, but wanted to make sure I got an MD that would work well on most types of soils. I have an opportunity to try the Garrett out and if for some reason it doesn't fit my needs I was told I could return it. If so I will most certainly go back and try the QS. BTW, I LOVE this site! I have really enjoyed reading about everyone's different finds. Hopefully I will get to post some of my own soon! Thanks again everybody!!! :icon_sunny:

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seuban, I think you will love the Ace250. It is a coin finder for sure. Have fun and will be looking for your posts in the future.

swampgal

May 3, 2008
G, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III
What is the differance in depth detection on the Ace 250 and the Quicksilver?

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on dirt and location and trash in the ground....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread