Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This would make a really nice storage box for your special finds. I don't know how old it is but looks like early 1900's when Cigars actually were a nickle.

A very nice example of cigar box art, this metal box has survived the years in remarkable condition. The top has some minor flex damage but the rest of the colored tin box remains damage free.

Of course the graphics are worn a bit and very slight rusting is apparent. Two paper stickers remain intact, the first "NOW 5 cents" on the inner lid, and the Class "A" paper stamp on the fron remains readable.

The printed background is wood-grained pattern with Gold lettering on a blue field.

The bottom reveals that this box was manufactured by "Factory No. 241, Eleventh District, Ohio". The back graphics show the MAZER CIGAR MFG. CO. plant buildings in Dayton Ohio, Detroit Michigan and Columbus Ohio. plus three additional views of other buildings.

I can also wrap this up as a gift and send it anywhere, without any paperwork. Let me know..... I'm not a dealer, just a retired guy with a whole lot of stuff to get rid of.

For sale for $20 + actual shipping cost. Check, money order or PayPal: [email protected]

Attachments

• box06.jpg
    box06.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,722
  • box07.jpg
    box07.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,670
  • box10.jpg
    box10.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,884
  • box09.jpg
    box09.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,764
OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TreasureNet Forum > Miscellaneous > Antiques & Collectibles > Boxes > Post reply ( Re: For Sale - HUMO Tin Cigar Box, Old )

BuffaloBob said:
This would make a really nice storage box for your special finds. I don't know how old it is but looks like early 1900's when Cigars actually were a nickle.

A very nice example of cigar box art, this metal box has survived the years in remarkable condition. The top has some minor flex damage but the rest of the colored tin box remains damage free.

Of course the graphics are worn a bit and very slight rusting is apparent. Two paper stickers remain intact, the first "NOW 5 cents" on the inner lid, and the Class "A" paper stamp on the fron remains readable.

The printed background is wood-grained pattern with Gold lettering on a blue field.

The bottom reveals that this box was manufactured by "Factory No. 241, Eleventh District, Ohio". The back graphics show the MAZER CIGAR MFG. CO. plant buildings in Dayton Ohio, Detroit Michigan and Columbus Ohio. plus three additional views of other buildings.

I can also wrap this up as a gift and send it anywhere, without any paperwork. Let me know..... I'm not a dealer, just a retired guy with a whole lot of stuff to get rid of.

For sale for $20 + actual shipping cost. Check, money order or PayPal: [email protected]

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a cigar shop that gives me boxes free that is cool though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread