Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2012
Serbia
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster P.I. (plus)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone.

I have been reading here about the Surfmaster P.I. for fresh and salt water detecting. From what I can see there seems to be a consensus that the device doesn't discriminate at all on land and the user will be doing a lot of digging as this device picks up iron and trash very easily.
Have I got that correctly?
And what about detecting on ploughed fields with the device (in old Europe) wouldn't you want to check out every hit?

Thank you for any feed back on this.

Edd

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A pulse induction machine does not discriminate. In a farm field they are great! In a park or coinshooting, you may get frustrated very quickly - unless you're like me. I use my Tesoro Sand Shark Everywhere!

OP
OP
W

weedrunkglasgowman

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2012
Serbia
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster P.I. (plus)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be focusing mostly on farmland so I think it'll work out well for me.
Thank you!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two drawbacks, apart from lack of discrimination, are that your coil is hardwired so no option of using a larger or smaller size to suit the detecting conditions. Depth is not great either as you have no ground balance to deal with bad ground and if the site has little or no mineralisation, so G.B. is not required, then lots of VLF's in all metal will be as deep or deeper and there's some machines (discrimination set to knock out small iron) that provide superior performance and allow you to detect faster and cover more ground so potentially find more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread