Pinpointer help

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Garrett Pro Pointer is the best one out there and in the long run, it is the cheapest one out there. It might cost more than others, but it will save you the dollars from having to buy a bunch of the others when they break (which is going to cost you more in the long run).

Buy a good product, buy it once.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harbor Freight has on about 15.00 Cheap Junk went thru several before Getting a Garretts Propointer HH And Good Luck with it Just dont get the Button wet or Dirty

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello....mcfly he just told you harbor freight

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is he answered your question 15 bucks....do you expect to find something cheaper?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well cheaper than $15 there is the hand pin pointer. It works quite well. You take your hands, fill them with dirt and wave them in front of your detector coil. If it beeps than you have your find in your hand if it doesn't than repeat the process...
Relative price... Zero. Effectiveness 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
coincollector13948

coincollector13948

Jul 3, 2012
norbyx said:
Well cheaper than $15 there is the hand pin pointer. It works quite well. You take your hands, fill them with dirt and wave them in front of your detector coil. If it beeps than you have your find in your hand if it doesn't than repeat the process...
Relative price... Zero. Effectiveness 100% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Haha

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know the max depth for the Garrett Pinpointer? Also, does it have preset discrimination or sensitivity? The second question might be a dumb one since I suspect the answer is no, i.e. it's just to pinpoint metal of any type?

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone know the max depth for the Garrett Pinpointer? Also, does it have preset discrimination or sensitivity? The second question might be a dumb one since I suspect the answer is no, i.e. it's just to pinpoint metal of any type?

Two to three inches on depth and it beeps on all metal.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
As for discrimination there is no pinpointer with discrimination other than the sunray in-line probe, that uses your metal detector as a brain, so it can actually discriminate what ever you are discriminating in your metal detector.

dustyspurs

Jun 20, 2012
Lafayette
Detector(s) used
Deus 3.2 , Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for discrimination there is no pinpointer with discrimination other than the sunray in-line probe, that uses your metal detector as a brain, so it can actually discriminate what ever you are discriminating in your metal detector.

I have to admit that the idea of the in line probe sounds good. I checked out the Sun Ray. Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread