steffenb70

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2012
Lolland
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer XS, Eric Foster Beachunter PI, Garrett GTI1500 Others
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I own a Eagle eye pinpointer, and would not recommend it.....

It will barely detect the edge of the coin, when touching it.

I'd say go for the harbour freight pinpointer, tune it, as they do on the youtube videos, and save up for a Garrett propointer.

The Eagle eye will detect the flat side of a coin on a distance of about 1 cm....

I spend most of my dirthunting breaking up dirt and running it over my coil..

HH.

/Steffen

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Steffen. If you don't want to go to the expense of a pulse based pinpointer the Garrett is a good choice and seems to be more reliable than the Whites and many others. As for the very cheap ones that turn up on E-Bay most seem to be shocking. One I was sent to try had to be kept level after it was switched on. Just what you want when checking out the side of a hole....not !

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if you have the possibility but I had them all and the best one is the Detectorpro pistol probe. I can tell you this pinpointer is a killing machine. Only problem is that it's a bit bulky.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TheElementOfSand

Jul 19, 2012
Fort Wayne
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT E-series, Whites Beachhunter, Garrett Ace350, Garret 76'-77'Fortune Hunter, Cen-tech Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
god more spammers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread