Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: HELP what is the best Metal detectorfor 200$

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9895 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Problem is you want something guaranteed to be deeper than 6 inches for a Max of $200 which is very low end on detector scale for cost, you need to raise your budget some or settle for what you get...

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Charter Member

Apr 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
    77 times
    When you are claiming 8" are you using a pinpointer? If not there is a good chance you are finally finding it at 8" when in reality it was higher and dropped to the bottom from loosening the soil.

That aside, an upgraded machine whether an Ace 250, Fisher F2, or compadre will find a lot of shallower targets that are being masked etc. You will have plenty to find without your depth requirements.

Obviously size of target will determine depth as well as other factors previously mentioned.

CAN YOU DIG IT ! yes I can

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
    570 times
    Hosensack... I dont think its a outrageous claim that i found the civil ware button down 8" .there is a lot more metal on the button . then the coins i have found down 6" . looks like brass on the face of the button and what looks like rusty steel on the back of the button .my md gave me a trash and coin sound at the same time .it was the 2 hunt i went out on and i never herd that sound so i dug it up .the hole was deeper then 8" but i did a are test and it sounds like trash at 9 " @ 8" i get the trash and coin sound .this is a tough crowd here y should i have to feel like I need to walk on egg shells here. this is a hobby for me i like to go out and have fun hunting for stuff . some of you guys take this stuff way to serous . lighten up . G wizz lol

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    144 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer1111 View Post
    this is a hobby for me i like to go out and have fun hunting for stuff .
    That is the spirit most of us have.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    9895 times
    SS, they are just trying to help, but your asking for something that is consistantly deeper than 6 inches for $200 and it is a hard order to fill.....It is kinda like asking for a new car that gets 35 mpg, sits 8 people for $8000 new..... Your concentrating to much on depth and not enough on the quality of the detector... Even an Fisher F2 or Garret 250/350 is going to run you $300......

Best advice I can give you is either find a used Tesoro Cibola, Silver UMax, a Garrett 250/350 or a Fisher F2, that or cough up another $100 and buy one new.............

Keep this in mind though, when you spend the money for a higher dollar detector, your not out the money, it is still there in your detector....I ahve bought a lot of used detectors, and I halv always got more than 75% of my money back when I sold them, but I buy good quality detectors knowing I will get my money back...
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 17, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Harp likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
    570 times
    I am not asking for somthing that can consistantly go deeper than 6" i know it depends on ground situations. im just asking if there is a md that can fined coins deeper then 6" in lets say a good ground situations . lets say a md that will see a coin more then 6 " in a are test . yes i know the are test dont matter but if a md can see a coin at lets say 10" it will have more of a potential of seeing a deeper coin . then a md that can see a coin at 6 " and thank you for all that good info i will do some research on the Silver UMax, a Garrett 250/350 or a Fisher F2, . like i sad i did want a Tesoro Cibola i relly like that md and what it can do . but i still would like to know if there is somthing cheeper out there . thank you Treasure_Hunter

Charter Member

Apr 2007
    Mertztown, Pa
    Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
    77 times
    Hosensack... I dont think its a outrageous claim that i found the civil ware button down 8" .there is a lot more metal on the button . then the coins i have found down 6" . looks like brass on the face of the button and what looks like rusty steel on the back of the button .my md gave me a trash and coin sound at the same time .it was the 2 hunt i went out on and i never herd that sound so i dug it up .the hole was deeper then 8" but i did a are test and it sounds like trash at 9 " @ 8" i get the trash and coin sound .this is a tough crowd here y should i have to feel like I need to walk on egg shells here. this is a hobby for me i like to go out and have fun hunting for stuff . some of you guys take this stuff way to serous . lighten up . G wizz lol
    Never said it was an outrageous claim. Was not disagreeing with you either. Just offering a possibility. You are a fellow TNet member no egg shells are ever needed. You may say things that insight great disagreement but that should never be taken as a reason not to say what you want. However if you are unwilling to sacrifice somewhere be it depth or investment you are not going to come to a consensus you will just have to choose. I try to refrain from solicitation and keep my business presence separate from my forum presence but in this case my payment options may benefit you, if interested give me a PM I'll give you more information.

us
    May 2012
    harrisburg, pa
    garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
    17 times
    I just bought a barely used tesoro eldorado for $278 shipped 2 months ago, and i have been hitting targets at around 8-12" frequently.

us
    Apr 2010
    NC
    Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
    63 times
    Relic Hunting
    Welcome to T-Net! Relax....

Almost any detector will make a find or two at 8"+, it depends on target size. A lot will depend on ground conditions. Someone suggested that the button wasn't 8" deep and dropped into the bottom of the hole, that is possible, it happens more than you think. Most lower cost detectors will lack the ability to detect deep targets, unless the targets are soda/beer cans. There are plenty of good old targetslike silver coins well within the 4" range, if you get lucky to pass your coil over it.

Look... When everyone recommends something like the Tesoro detector I would give it serious consideration. No, you can't swap coils, but you can't on a few others either. Some you can, but you're not going to get a great deal deeper doing that. Manufacturers like Tesoro package their "beginner" detectors such to make it easy for a beginner to learn and not get frustrated. Once you have it mastered, you keep it as a backup and you step up to a better unit. The $200 limit you have will put you into a beginner unit from most detector manufacturers. I can turn you onto a detector that can get a target at 16"+, but you don't have $4000+ to buy it...

I suggest you reconsider the Tesoro, Fisher F2 or Garrett Ace-250 if you have to have a new detector now OR continue to save your money until you can get something you will be happy with.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Dwight S
    Anyone up for some Dirt Fishin?

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    570 times
    @ Dwight S thank you for the info . Garrett Ace-250 sound good . but i here the Teknetics Alpha Metal Detector can see small coins deeper then f2 and 250 . the problem i am having here is all you guys have awesome Metal Detectors . .so its a tough ? . what i need is some one that has a cheap md that can say yes i have found a coin down 8 or 10" with such & such md .I did here this 1 guy say he found a siler dime down 10 " with a Bounty Hunter Lone Star .but every one tells me to stay away from Bounty Hunters lol

Jul 2012
    Massachusetts
    570 times
    @ rossman85... eldorado or the eldorado UMax. and were did you get it . were is a good place to get a used md im not going to ebay that a hit or miss place to buy a md . thanks

us
    May 2012
    harrisburg, pa
    17 times
    Eldorado umax

us
    May 2012
    harrisburg, pa
    17 times
    I would buy one on ebay again..... The seller was very helpful, and the detector looked as if it was sitting in the box since it was bought... All the pieces were still wrapped up too...I saw a great condition tesoro cortes go for $380 on ebay a few weeks ago.... They are $720 new

au
    Dec 2008
    Canberra
    LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion, V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre & quite a a few others.
    23 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Deeper than 6 inches on what? A Mack truck or a Coin??

Most well designed metal detectors fitted with 6 or 8 inch concentric or DD coil and with preset GB or manual GB will respond to a 1 inch diam coin laying flat in the ground at between 6 and 10 inches in very quiet or non iron mineralised ground. Problem is I cannot think of any new detector with those features that are 200 dollars or less.

You could try an second hand 6000DI Pro SL, they sometimes sell for around 150 bucks and this is a very powerfull detector that will eat coins at 10 inches in any ground that the detector can ground balance out.

us
    Jan 2011
    Dalton,Ga.
    Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
    448 times
    @ Dwight S thank you for the info . Garrett Ace-250 sound good . but i here the Teknetics Alpha Metal Detector can see small coins deeper then f2 and 250 . the problem i am having here is all you guys have awesome Metal Detectors . .so its a tough ? . what i need is some one that has a cheap md that can say yes i have found a coin down 8 or 10" with such & such md .I did here this 1 guy say he found a siler dime down 10 " with a Bounty Hunter Lone Star .but every one tells me to stay away from Bounty Hunters lol
    SS, I shouldn't even open my mouth,but here goes.....You get what you pay for!!. 200.00 bucks will buy you an entry level detector........Keep using what you got and save your money. in a couple of months or whatever go by yourself a 350.00 or 400.00 machine, Although something tells me you won't be satisfied with it either after a couple months............JMHO...............HH

If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
    -Samuel Adams-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links