Gold Digger GC-1035

jeessse

Dec 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartland America: Advanced Metal Detector

From heartland america. I really thought id find alot of reviews online about this, good and/or bad, but im not finding anything. No reviews, opinions, nothing. Has anyone ever used one? Does anyone have knowledge about that detector? Is it a good buy for the price?

Im currently using a bounty hunter IV from hobby lobby, but I cant figure it out. Perhaps my unit is defective, but it doesnt matter what setting or combination of settings, everything either beeps with the same tone or it doesnt respond at all. Ive tried all settings, and a silver coin sounds the same as a pipe or bottle cap. Money is tight and saw the gold digger and thought id ask around.

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions. J

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do yourself a favor and stay away from generic detectors. I know you said money is tight but this is just throwing your money away.

I can't help you with your Bounty Hunter problem as I've never used one. However, it seems to be a pretty basic unit and if it doesn't respond properly that it may in fact be defective. If you have any friends that detect, maybe one can look at it and see if they have the same issue. Another option may be to take it to a local detector dealer and see what they think.(do NOT take to Wal-Mart or any other chain store looking for help)

If you are convinced that it's the detector that is at fault, look into a Tesoro Compadre (about $160). You'll get a lifetime warranty, plus they don't get much easier to use. One knob...turn to desired discrimination and go! The Compadre does not have visual display and the coil is hardwired so it's not swappable.
If you want a display unit, look at Garretts Ace 150. (about $150). Another very easy unit to set up and learn. Comes with a 2yr warranty and has a variety of coils available.
The extra $30 or so over the generic "Gold Digger" will be money wisely spent.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, your first post is a response to a question from 2 1/2 years ago? The OP last posted on the same day he joined. Oh well. Welcome to the forum! Just pullin your chain!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread