Whats the better one - Garretts AT Pro or a Minelab E-trac ?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A null still told you bullets were there...

No....i found the bullets with the AT gold.....then checked the signals with the Etrac. It was saying iron, same as a nail.....pure luck to find a bullet in that field with the Etrac.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No....i found the bullets with the AT gold.....then checked the signals with the Etrac. It was saying iron, same as a nail.....pure luck to find a bullet in that field with the Etrac.

Wow, that is weird. Not good if that were a piece of gold & not lead. It likely would have nulled that as well

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each have there own good and bad points depends on personal preference

theres no right awnser ones better for you if it has the things you like maybe light weight waterproof than its a better one for you. f you like depth and more programs for search the other is right for you, Broken and melted record

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
At pro can be ground balanced in salt water. It runs a bit chatty but a target is easily heard through the chatter. E trac is more of a coin shooter than the AT. At pro is better on jewellery and small gold and even good for prospecting.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Garrett AT PRO if you want Gold ... E Trac if you want Silver.. Myself i would sooner find Gold Jewelry , And other type of Gold items.. I use both brands Minelab & Garrett .. They are both good so i will not put down either brand ..

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the better one - Garrett's AT Pro or a Minelab E-trac ?

That is where a PI machine with GB will shine! You will probably hunt sites that you may think are hunted out and find many more targets.
A partner of mine tried his CTX with GB enabled in VA soil and could not even get a peep on a 4-5" deep .58 cal minnie. He quickly reached for his GPX after that test.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a TDI SL i am going to try in open fields you can find some good prices on the used ones and i found one not far from home here ..

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'd think the crowds would get the hint by now.

1. Which is better, A or B, is so loaded.
2. The OP had one post, and last time online was 5 days later.
3. OPs post is ancient.
4. The argument between A and B continues indefinitely with no real outcome.

The winner? The OP, who seems like he could care less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions