Feb 8, 2013
GA and CO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Got money now, so ready to buy the best I can afford! I ran across the OKM Black Hawk special offering on their website at ~ $2510 (or ~$3171 for the Professional kit including the smaller coil + huge 150cm x 150cm square coil that you walk with over shoulders).

Anyways ... what do you think? Expensive for a straight-ahead PI detector, correct? Admittedly, it's a very professional unit both from construction, components and spec viewpoint.

Any real experience with the back hawk?

Thanks,

Billy

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FWIW: For nearly the same $ you can get a Minelab, which is a very proven machine
with proven technology.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OKM also manufactures and sells LRL units (complete scam) so I wouldn't trust anything they make ore sell.

Spectre

Sep 13, 2013
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
White's 5900Di Pro SL
White's 6000Di S3 (Modified)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't touch ANY companies that deal with long range detectors (unless were speaking sidescan sonar/magnetometers). As said, for that money, you can get a top of the line Minelab/Whites and it's money well invested.

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
Don't touch ANY companies that deal with long range detectors (unless were speaking sidescan sonar/magnetometers). As said, for that money, you can get a top of the line Minelab/Whites and it's money well invested.

I don't have OKM but I understand that it is German technology the detectors are more of specialized detectors and not on the same level of hobby detector .believe me if OKM was 2500$ everyone will have one

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have OKM but I understand that it is German technology the detectors are more of specialized detectors and not on the same level of hobby detector .believe me if OKM was 2500$ everyone will have one

OKM is garbage, and overpriced garbage. They are the current equivalent of snake-oil salesmen for treasure hunting.

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
OKM is garbage, and overpriced garbage. They are the current equivalent of snake-oil salesmen for treasure hunting.

I commented on the okm from what I heard about them and I don't think that will sell garbage. For big $$$$ . As far as I know the german build Porsche BMW Mercedes .

LootHunter

Oct 7, 2013
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If they were as amazing as they look don't you think people would be showing amazing finds with them. I have never seen finds from these expensive machines, I think you are better of with proven metal detector companies. But it is your money after all, spend it how you want.

Do you have any other metal detectors or is this your first?

hobby

Aug 9, 2013
I don't think that those detectors are affordable for an average person to go hunt with it for fun ,that why no one see or hear about any finding with those detectors .if they give me one I will be happy to update everybody on the findings lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

aali9001

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2010
OKM produses graphical 3d system not LRL and metal detectors.
I have my own Rover C2 from OKM company and also Runabout from accurate locators.These are similar in works but Rover C2 is some more better!!
Beside of these I have Lorenz X6 and GPX 5000 from minelab company.Minelab isn't proffisional device incomparision X5,X6 and new Z1lorenz systems.

pure_hunt

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guys with my own opinion as a hunter and an owner of OKM ROVER UC , i would like to tell the following.
every success starts with a crash or disappointment and you cant got talented on any device unless you fall down from the beginning so you can later walk steadily,so its not easy to become professional in one evening.
i guess what really affected on the machines is the magma rocks and the quarts that shades any hunters beside the other rocks and high minerals and magnetic fields or the electric pills etc..
i advice before trying any machine to think of what are the objects you will search for,however i feel strange when i surf the whole net to see a video or even someone who bought any machine and he post a small tiny image of his founds or practices and that's really strange!!!
okm says that their engineers are ready to got you on the right track and to guide you with support and practicing at their factory in geremany,i was heard that in every device they sell they remove the main unit that related with founding the gold and that's why no once reached anything yet . rover uc alone is not perfect just needed a machine to locate the direction of the gold since searching for an unknown target place in the big ground is a craziness decision .
thats it for now.
happy christmas and a happy new year for all.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reads like translated Chinese instruction manuals doesn't it? :icon_biggrin:

Gesel-Jeans-label.jpg

abda

Jul 25, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you have any prove of OKM if it is rubesh