Ricardo Santos

Greenie
Mar 31, 2012
Portugal
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx power
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that as one and he told me that with the 8 shaped coil dual 9inches , he could easily pick a roman sesterci at 50cm, i currently have a GMP and a blisstool but i am crazy about buying the nexus( but short of money) to reactivate some old spots, as i know its not for iron infested areas but its probably the deepest handheld machine out there it works well especialy in big targets. About the features it just separates ferrous from non ferrous metals and it discs well. Standard frequency 6 khz but depends on the coils
Forgive my english i´m portuguese

OP
OP
Cycluran

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for the reply! I know what you mean about being short on funds. It will be a while before I can bring this one home.

OP
OP
Cycluran

Cycluran

Aug 14, 2013
Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Forked Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could answer a question about the Nexus Standard MKII. On their website, these machines are described as non-motion, but in the manuals only MOTION and SILENT MOTION are options. Is there a non-motion mode? By this I mean, if I were to locate a large deep object, would the machine indicate it with a loud beep or a wide signal that fades in and out as the coil passes over the target?

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you could answer a question about the Nexus Standard MKII. On their website, these machines are described as non-motion, but in the manuals only MOTION and SILENT MOTION are options. Is there a non-motion mode? By this I mean, if I were to locate a large deep object, would the machine indicate it with a loud beep or a wide signal that fades in and out as the coil passes over the target?
All Nexus models are described as "Non Motion with fast auto tune" not just non-motion. This means you still have to sweep over the target to get signal response. Nexus do not use pure non motion mode, which most other brands use as a pin point mode.

The Nexus will indicate every target with a wide signal that fades in and out as the coil passes over the target. The new MkII is much faster in this regard than the older Nexus models were, so the "wide" character of the signal responses is not near as wide as in the older SE for example. I used that one to.
I have Nexus Standard MkII for a couple of months now and I am very impressed.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
Threre are a few shootout video's with the Nexus and the Blisstool on you tube.From what I saw,the blisstool beat the nexus in the Depth depeartment.As far as seperation speeds im not sure.Most european machines seem to have a good handle on dealing with Iron.HH

sirusramse

Mar 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threre are a few shootout video's with the Nexus and the Blisstool on you tube.From what I saw,the blisstool beat the nexus in the Depth depeartment.As far as seperation speeds im not sure.Most european machines seem to have a good handle on dealing with Iron.HH
Actually the Blisstool only sounds louder and it is far more unstable on any test that I'v seen on You Tube. That can not possibly count for deeper detection.
Nexus were always meant for use with headphones. That makes then difficult to compare on loudspeakers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread