At pro vs XTerra 705

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
Ok, I have the AT Pro, and have not been too impressed.. I was wondering, if I was to get the Xterra 705, would I be upgrading? Or would I basically be getting the same machine in the 705?
What are the major differences between the two machines? Besides water-proof and non-waterproof of course.. Most of my hunting will be parks and old homesteads.. Thanks and I look forward to some experienced answers!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How long you been using your ATP? What doesn't impress you about it? What are you hoping to improve?

OP
OP
hughmaster10

hughmaster10

Jan 4, 2013
How long you been using your ATP? What doesn't impress you about it? What are you hoping to improve?

A little over a month.. I know it's not much time, but the xterra 305 was my first detector, and I had much more solid results with consistent #'s.. Also read more consistently on deeper targets.. Which is why I'm asking about the 705.. But the at pro is very jumpy, I've tried various types of settings, and it still doesn't give a solid reading.. It jumps all over the place, even with shallow coins..

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I'd say there is something amiss with your detector. Mine's rock soild to depths of 8-9" with the 5x8 coil. I'd talk to Garrett, somethings not right!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Also you might want to consider you soil mineralization. I know in the south we in my area don't have a lot of mineral in the soil and I've talked to folks that have sold the Labs because they are better in more mineralized area. Don't know your area but there might be something to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread