Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't go wrong with an F2. It's a great detector for $200. I'm sure Teks Delta is good too. Is it "better"? Can't answer that, sorry!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't go wrong with an F2. It's a great detector for $200. I'm sure Teks Delta is good too. Is it "better"? Can't answer that, sorry![/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Either one should suite you well......go with the one that is more appealing to u. Check out the features and functions and reviews on both. Also watch plenty of u-tube videos. No one can tell u what machine will suite u the best because everyone is different....

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My votes in for the F2!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Either one should suite you well......go with the one that is more appealing to u. Check out the features and functions and reviews on both. Also watch plenty of u-tube videos. No one can tell u what machine will suite u the best because everyone is different....

Yeah I definetly watched a lot of YouTube videos...but when I'm almost about to choose my desicion I always change my mind now I'm against the fisher f2 bounty hunter tracker iv or the Tesoro compadre? Desicion making is hard when it comes to metal detecting lol FYI I'm mostly going to do coins, jewelry, a lot of on land detecting..... Probably twice in a year I'll go down to the beach? Which detector suits it well also I would want to metal detect in streams and creeks also.... Which one is a good metal detector?

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Want the fisher f2 but don't know which one is better please reply back any opinions will be appreciated!! Thanks ;))

For around the price of the Delta you could get the f2 with the 11 in. DD coil.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For around the price of the Delta you could get the f2 with the 11 in. DD coil.

Hmmm sounds good I guess

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I definetly watched a lot of YouTube videos...but when I'm almost about to choose my desicion I always change my mind now I'm against the fisher f2 bounty hunter tracker iv or the Tesoro compadre? Desicion making is hard when it comes to metal detecting lol FYI I'm mostly going to do coins, jewelry, a lot of on land detecting..... Probably twice in a year I'll go down to the beach? Which detector suits it well also I would want to metal detect in streams and creeks also.... Which one is a good metal detector?

Not to add another choice but check out the Silver Umax by Tesoro also. It has adjustable sensitivity so it will go deeper than the Compadre and possibly deeper than any of the others in the All-metal mode. It also has a quick toggle switch for going from all-metal to disc. mode without thumbing the disc everytime. Wouldn't mind having one of these myself. It is a time tested and proven Tesoro with impressive depth for a 8 inch coil machine without manual GB for around 250 bucks. But i like the Fisher to, and your opinion is really the only one that matters when buying a machine for u......I beleive u will "out grow" the compadre fairly fast. Go to the Tesoro website and check out the field test on the Silver Umax....

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to add another choice but check out the Silver Umax by Tesoro also. It has adjustable sensitivity so it will go deeper than the Compadre and possibly deeper than any of the others in the All-metal mode. It also has a quick toggle switch for going from all-metal to disc. mode without thumbing the disc everytime. Wouldn't mind having one of these myself. It is a time tested and proven Tesoro with impressive depth for a 8 inch coil machine without manual GB for around 250 bucks. But i like the Fisher to, and your opinion is really the only one that matters when buying a machine for u......I beleive u will "out grow" the compadre fairly fast. Go to the Tesoro website and check out the field test on the Silver Umax....

Yeah..... Well I'll check it out but honestly i would like to stay in the 100-150ish budget.....

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah..... Well I'll check it out but honestly i would like to stay in the 100-150ish budget.....

You can buy a nice used one on Ebay for around that price...just be patient and make sure the seller has very good feedback...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked on Ebay....1 used one right now 125.00 right now.....

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can buy a nice used one on Ebay for around that price...just be patient and make sure the seller has very good feedback...

Okay I'll check it out... But I'm still stuck on bounty hunters detectors are any of them good?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are fine for the price, but if you stay in the hobby, you will outgrow them also. I started on a Pioneer 202 and found alot of stuff....but it would have been a joke at a civil war battle field or even at an 1800's homesite. Around 3-4 inches actual depth on a dime...quarter =5-6 inches. The Compadre hits everything around 6-7 inches....a little deeper on big stuff. And the others that you have mentioned will go deeper. Hope this helps.....the Bounty Hunters work great at newer parks and tot lots.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are fine for the price, but if you stay in the hobby, you will outgrow them also. I started on a Pioneer 202 and found alot of stuff....but it would have been a joke at a civil war battle field or even at an 1800's homesite. Around 3-4 inches actual depth on a dime...quarter =5-6 inches. The Compadre hits everything around 6-7 inches....a little deeper on big stuff. And the others that you have mentioned will go deeper. Hope this helps.....the Bounty Hunters work great at newer parks and tot lots.

Yeah I just want to be able to hunt on mostly land... Pretty much all the time on land. Just once in a while I'll go to the beach on the dry and wet sand in the water... Are there any good machines that can find gold, and still coins but have a waterproof cool and stem? Not to inexpensive?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any mentioned above will do this....
If interested in the Silver Umax....talk to user Rainyday101 on here. I know that he is an experienced user of one of these great machines. But if your not into the whole beep and dig using only disc. Tesoro thing, than just buy the Fisher!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any mentioned above will do this.... If interested in the Silver Umax....talk to user Rainyday101 on here. I know that he is an experienced user of one of these great machines. But if your not into the whole beep and dig using only disc. Tesoro thing, than just buy the Fisher!

Alright thank you so much! You really help out and I definitely appreciate your help!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Stone

Feb 26, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used both the Delta and F2, the Delta had me chasing false signals and didn't get a lot of depth in the red clay we have here in Mississippi. The F2 was a great little machine and the 4 inch sniper coils was a nice addition. I found plenty of silver with that coil. The F2 did get a little more depth in the clay but not much but it was a much more stable machine. I would highly recommend the Fisher F2, especially with the 4 inch coil.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of the two... Go for the F2 package with the 4"and 8" coils plus a pinpointer. Best deal in its price range!

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
new up buying the bounty hunter tracker iv thank you everyone for your opinions!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions