Do you actually have to own an AT Pro to become a paid promoter?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't understand why when someone's opinion is different from the mass than, that person is just considered a blind squirrel. I have used the AT-pro for one year, and in my case it was as good as a blind stick, yes it found metal, yes it's waterproof. So what... It falses every 10 ft. In needs ground balancing very often, and it was not as accurate in vdi or as deep as my whites, am I biased, I don't think so because I am the kid of person that before I have an opinion on something I have to test it...
Am I the only user that dislikes the at-pro.... Again no... There are many others. If we went and counted the people that like the ace250 or the F2 or the compadre, there would be many, but there are a lot that also consider there is better detectors out there.
There are better detectors that the at-pro, even it it's price range, maybe not waterproof....
Just my honest opinion. Now if you like your ATP... So be it... That is what is cool about humans, we all have our own preferences, otherwise we would all use the same things, dress the same way, and eat the same food...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why when someone's opinion is different from the mass than, that person is just considered a blind squirrel. I have used the AT-pro for one year, and in my case it was as good as a blind stick, yes it found metal, yes it's waterproof. So what... It falses every 10 ft. In needs ground balancing very often, and it was not as accurate in vdi or as deep as my whites, am I biased, I don't think so because I am the kid of person that before I have an opinion on something I have to test it... Am I the only user that dislikes the at-pro.... Again no... There are many others. If we went and counted the people that like the ace250 or the F2 or the compadre, there would be many, but there are a lot that also consider there is better detectors out there. There are better detectors that the at-pro, even it it's price range, maybe not waterproof.... Just my honest opinion. Now if you like your ATP... So be it... That is what is cool about humans, we all have our own preferences, otherwise we would all use the same things, dress the same way, and eat the same food...
I have never stated there isn't a better detector than the pro as I am sure there is. The one you had sounds like there was a problem because I sure don't have the problems you have stated. I have owned only a few detectors but have used many and like you said I like the at pro. I like to hunt in the rivers around me also. I'm not going to spend $1000 or more on a detector that I can't take in the water for fear of dropping it. I'm sorry you had a bad exp with the pro and yes there are plenty of people who don't like it. I on the other hand can't think of any detector that I hate so much that I insist on bashing on a regular basis just to make me feel better that I spent the $1000 + on my own detector to make me feel more elite. Just like the guys that make fun of the bounty hunters. Hey did you ever think that maybe that's all that person could afford to pay to get into this hobby. Swing what you like and leave mine alone.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's get something straight... I don't bash a detector just to make me feel better in having the $1000 detector (that I Don't have). I don't bash bounty hunters, and to tell you the truth the bounty hunter platinum I had could run circles around the at-pro... Now I couldn't care less what people use to detect, as long as they are in the hobby and share the same passion, that is fine with me.
Point is that at-pro users just consider that the Garrett is the best out there and for a new comer that has no experience, and reads all this fabulous tales on the ATP, and no negatives every once in a while, it could be misleading.
I sometimes insist in telling people what is good and what is bad... Now that might be my mistake... Everyone should make its own experience....

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's get something straight... I don't bash a detector just to make me feel better in having the $1000 detector (that I Don't have). I don't bash bounty hunters, and to tell you the truth the bounty hunter platinum I had could run circles around the at-pro... Now I couldn't care less what people use to detect, as long as they are in the hobby and share the same passion, that is fine with me. Point is that at-pro users just consider that the Garrett is the best out there and for a new comer that has no experience, and reads all this fabulous tales on the ATP, and no negatives every once in a while, it could be misleading. I sometimes insist in telling people what is good and what is bad... Now that might be my mistake... Everyone should make its own experience....
first off I was not talking about you when I stated that about bashing the pro. I've never used the bounty hunter platinum but I doubt that it could run circles around me and my pro because I took the time to learn my pro. The only thing I was talking about to you was maybe there was something wrong with your pro because mine does not act that way. I have never stated that the at pro is in any way the best metal detector out there. I know there are better ones made. I feel it is my responsibility to defend the pro because there is a lot of bashing going on out there. I have exp with the machine and know how to use it and I find the same stuff the other detectors do. If I plan on every getting another machine I will research like I did with the pro. I read all the pros and cons and decided to buy it and am very glad I did. I will hunt with any detector out there and guess what I will find good stuff and have fun doing it. This thread was started to get people angry because people like controversy. I feel the need to defend the machine so a beginner needs both pros and cons when researching. I may get just a land machine in the future if I can afford one but will be keeping the pro. Good luck.

Last edited:

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I agree Kodiak! My pro does not false. You clearly had a bad machine. I also highly doubt the bounty hunter can run circles around the pro.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Well the bounty hunter platinum, is really a teknetigs gamma 6000 without the manual ground balance override, it's a superb detector and if you don't know how it performs than you should find out... Anyhow glad you all like your pros.... The important thing is to go out and detect... Find stuff and have fun...

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I am going to chime in on this as well. Yes, you will see other brand detectors mentioned in the posts as well. I have did it with multiple brands myself. I do it to help people who might be thinking about buying a certain brand, to give feedback on performance. My finds arent going to make me rich, but they are good finds. I dont lie about what I find, I don't come on here and post to try and impress but to pick up hints from others and tell my story along the way so that others may be entertained and possibly learn a thing or two they didnt know. I know I have learned alot from many folks post's on here.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
STILL going? Hehe..

The detectors I love(d) have been: AT Pro, T2SE, Minelab Excal, Minelab Xterra 705. Some overlapped, some excel in their special function. One bridges the gap across several detectors-not quite as good maybe? Well it's been good for me and most who own them. The AT fills a niche that has been ignored for years, and does it well.

For $600 you get to sample a little of everything. When you find the specialization you like, get the big hammer-the one designed specifically for what you want to do. Most importantly, enjoy what you do and save the piss and vinegar for fighting to keep our rights in the hobby!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been detecting since the late 70's

I agree Kodiak! My pro does not false. You clearly had a bad machine. I also highly doubt the bounty hunter can run circles around the pro.

I still have a bounty hunter raider from back then and it works great still...
The new detectors have more features but the old ones worked great too. I have an ace 350 and an at pro... If you take the time to truly learn your detector you will great.... Us old school guys are used to detecting just by sound. They new guys want these detectors to dig the hole for them too :) almost.. If my at pro was crap, i would say so... But I have taken the time to truly learn all of the sounds and really like it. I have found many items with it. But... If i had a mine lab, whites etc and took the time to learn it, i sure i could do well with them too.
Its a matter of learning your machine and enjoying the hobby. Most of these guys who put on these negative posts, wont even be in the hobby very long...
Enjoy your time swinging...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here iis a story that i have kept secret until now......a few weeks back i seen a post in the "todays finds".....it was a rare item and i was impressed. The author stated that it was found with a particular high-end machine and even stated the vdi number of the item....about a week later i happend upon the same item (very rare item) posted on Garretts forum (for the free propointer) except this time it was found with an ATpro....

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here iis a story that i have kept secret until now......a few weeks back i seen a post in the "todays finds".....it was a rare item and i was impressed. The author stated that it was found with a particular high-end machine and even stated the vdi number of the item....about a week later i happend upon the same item (very rare item) posted on Garretts forum (for the free propointer) except this time it was found with an ATpro....
that upsets me!!! I send my best finds to Garrett every month in hopes that I can win the at gold. I already own the pro I just love relic hunting and would like to try the gold out on my relic hunts. I know there are a lot of dishonest people in this world but it still upsets me. Did the find get picked for the pro pointer that they was giving out last year or did he get and at gold? I know you say pro pointer but that would have been last year.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no he didnt win.....and i too have sent my best atp finds to garrett....but nothing for me either...lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DiggerinVa, I investigated and they are indeed 2 different artifacts. Thank you for your help and allowing a mod to investigate...

pjeant

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2009
This is overrated. Spent a day a the hunt and it would only find trash. Had a friend use it. Said something is off. Then it wouldn't turn off. Proceeded to plant coins, it found 3 of 10. This garrett is going back as fast as the mail will take it. Going to try somethng else, open to suggestions under

pjeant

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2009
This is overrated. Spent a day a the hunt and it would only find trash. Had a friend use it. Said something is off. Then it wouldn't turn off. Proceeded to plant coins, it found 3 of 10. This garrett is going back as fast as the mail will take it. Going to try somethng else, open to suggestions under

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

marjam

Nov 17, 2012

Other detectors I would recommend under 700 would be the fisher f70, the teknetics omega or g2, or even a great used machine can be had for that price. A dfx or mxt could be had used with some change left over I would think.
Too bad about your at pro. A lot of people do well with them from what it looks like. You must have gotten a defective unit.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine works fine there is something wrong and Garrett will take care of you. Get it sent in and it will work great. Trust me the at pro finds more than trash and I have the finds to prove it. Good luck and don't give up on it yet.

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine paid for itself the first year.....and has found as much as all my other machines combined. Just by chance? Maybe....

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't like the AT Pro that much because of how cheap it felt. I sold it last year but thinking about picking one back up for water hunting only. I personally have been using a eurotek pro all year and have found more silver and gold in these first few months having it than any detector I have ever owned. It's 200 bucks brand new and better than the at pro. Just wish I could water hunt with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread