Do you actually have to own an AT Pro to become a paid promoter?

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I was wondering, because day after day I read new threads that typically go something like this, :
Another gold Eagle, with my AT pro,!!
or... I found 165 1879 Carson City silver dollars at a ford in the river, and I never would have found them without my AT pro....!!! (Thats 5 pounds of silver, a Vietnam era mine detector would have done just fine....)
or this AT pro is really a great machine.... I never leave home without My AT Pro....
or, 7 silvers and 2 wheats in front of the courthouse with my AT Pro (Hunting the front of a courthouse in public in Southern California, will at best cost you 3 or 4 days in general population and 3 years probation afterwards regardless of whatever it is your swinging..., )
At best....)

Do you ever see anyone mention the brand of detector that they are using in their title on any other threads?
Not really, Not often anyhow......

So how do I get in on this ?

Last edited:

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]"When I was in China on the All-America ping-pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flex-o-lite ping-pong paddle," which everybody knows isn't true, but Mama said it's just a little white lie so it wouldn't hurt nobody.[/h]

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]"When I was in China on the All-America ping-pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flex-o-lite ping-pong paddle," which everybody knows isn't true, but Mama said it's just a little white lie so it wouldn't hurt nobody.[/h]

Now that's funny.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering, because day after day I read new threads that typically go something like this, :
or... I found 165 1879 Carson City silver dollars at a ford in the river, and I never would have found them without my AT pro....!!! this AT pro is really a great machine.... I never leave home without My AT Pro....
or, 7 silvers and 2 wheats in front of the courthouse with my AT Pro (Hunting the front of a courthouse in public in Southern California, will at best cost you 3 or 4 days in general population and 3 years probation afterwards regardless of whatever it is your swinging..., )
At best....)

Do you ever see anyone mention the brand of detector that they are using in their title on any other threads?

buy an AT pro, find something good, be proud, and name drop :laughing7:

[disclaimer: I do not think Garrett has paid promoters all over the forums :tongue3: ]
I just thought this was funny
]

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or... I found 165 1879 Carson City silver dollars at a ford in the river, and I never would have found them without my AT pro....!!! (Thats 5 pounds of silver, a Vietnam era mine detector would have done just fine....)
or this AT pro is really a great machine.... I never leave home without My AT Pro....
At best....)

The real answer to your question is no. There are many other brands of detectors that are as good and will find that elusive find. Being in the area where the respectable prize is hiding underground is the solution. We all know that there is a degree of SHILL activity that is happening plus the old "pride in what you own" thing that seems to wiggle into the scene.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
"When I was in China on the All-America ping-pong team, I just loved playing ping-pong with my Flex-o-lite ping-pong paddle," which everybody knows isn't true, but Mama said it's just a little white lie so it wouldn't hurt nobody.
I agree i do not believe every thing i see posted on web sites...

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell me it aint so.....................people fib on here? I am devastated!! Who would have thunk?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell me it aint so.....................people fib on here? I am devastated!! Who would have thunk?

trust me it "Ain't So"

because Liars get banned and so do Accusers

So you can believe what you read & see

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT pro was a love hate detector. It was attacked by both disgruntled owners and never owned members. Most of the people you see posting I found it with my AT PRO were just bragging showing it worked.....

If you had been here little longer you would have seen Excal finds another gold ring. I myself use to post it as well and no one is paying me a dime.....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think they get payed... I just think that they are proud of their detector. Unfortunately you don't know what you are missing until you buy a Garrett at-pro, I had mine for an year more or less and sold it, I was never happier to get rid of a detector that didn't offer me a good performance EVER... I have never had a detector that felt cheaper and still was so popular. The teknetics gamma 6000 was far superior in my opinion and still very few have one... I wouldn't buy an at-pro not even if the price was $100...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an AT Pro and when I waved it over a bowling ball it made hair grow. It also cured my cousins Athletes foot.

If it grows hair I'm buying one today..:D

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldn't worry too much about the AT Pro. If you already own a Minelab you already belong to the biggest fibbers club on the planet!

(do I need to insert a smiley here or can you get by w/o it?)

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh! Was that ping pong paddle the "Ping Pong Pro" or the
"Ping Pong Gold"?

That would be The Bubba Gump Special.

Honestly
though... I just got my AT Pro in January this year, only tried it out a couple of times so I can't really give an informed opinion. I decided on the AT Pro because I wanted to be able to hunt in the water too (Streams, creeks, cri'cks, rivers (fords), lakes etc). I was basically sold on Whites but could not find any Whites detector that was comparable to the AT Pro. I called detector shops and talked to dealers and they said Whites does not make a detector like that. I even called the company (This was years ago) and suggested that they make a comparable detector and I would buy it. They didn't listen and I eventually got the AT Pro. I haven't checked Whites lately so I do not technically know if they do make a detector in that same class as the AT Pro. I assume that they still do not. I looked into the Beach Hunter and Surfmaster but "felt" as if these were made, named, advertised and geared specifically for the "I live on the coast" crowd I settled on the AT Pro because I felt it was a good, all-around, go from land to water (amphibious-like) detector. And it was a few hundred dollars less. I didn't want cheap but I didn't see the sense of going expensive either (at that time).
I am of the opinion that one should buy the most expensive detector that you can afford. You get what you pay for definitely applies to electronics these days imo.

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be The Bubba Gump Special.

Honestly
though... I just got my AT Pro in January this year, only tried it out a couple of times so I can't really give an informed opinion. I decided on the AT Pro because I wanted to be able to hunt in the water too (Streams, creeks, cri'cks, rivers (fords), lakes etc). I was basically sold on Whites but could not find any Whites detector that was comparable to the AT Pro. I called detector shops and talked to dealers and they said Whites does not make a detector like that. I even called the company (This was years ago) and suggested that they make a comparable detector and I would buy it. They didn't listen and I eventually got the AT Pro. I haven't checked Whites lately so I do not technically know if they do make a detector in that same class as the AT Pro. I assume that they still do not. I looked into the Beach Hunter and Surfmaster but "felt" as if these were made, named, advertised and geared specifically for the "I live on the coast" crowd I settled on the AT Pro because I felt it was a good, all-around, go from land to water (amphibious-like) detector. And it was a few hundred dollars less. I didn't want cheap but I didn't see the sense of going expensive either (at that time).
I am of the opinion that one should buy the most expensive detector that you can afford. You get what you pay for definitely applies to electronics these days imo.

Most of the time you are right... But still there are some detectors out there that are not worth spending that much for...
Also there is no "do it all" detector, the best in one area is not so good in another, so you would always need multiple detectors if you want the best results in each sector.

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think they get payed... I just think that they are proud of their detector. Unfortunately you don't know what you are missing until you buy a Garrett at-pro, I had mine for an year more or less and sold it, I was never happier to get rid of a detector that didn't offer me a good performance EVER... I have never had a detector that felt cheaper and still was so popular. The teknetics gamma 6000 was far superior in my opinion and still very few have one... I wouldn't buy an at-pro not even if the price was $100...

Wow.....your is about the 3rd out of hundreds and hundreds of reviews I've read that expressed dissatisfaction. It's not that I have an opinion either way, (the case actually feels like the packaging that under $ 20 digital watches come in...)
Its more that every thread sounds like an exagerated Madison Avenue presentation....

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Well a friend of mine, that has been detecting ever since there was a metal detector... Also tested the at-pro and decided that it was rubbish ..... I tried to be friends with it for almost one year... Now I am back to whites and couldn't be happier....

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that any time there is controversy over a detector (the AT Pro, or more recently the Tesoro Sand Shark) people drop the name in the title to show that yes they can make finds. Also if there is a new detector out you see it a lot. CTX3030 and eTrac come to mind. After it is well established that seems to drop off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread