Why would a reputable equipment vendor offer counterfeit treasure coins as incentive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GranvilleATPro

Apr 4, 2014
Lafayette Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would prob throw the fake coin in the trash too. But, if they could give you something worthwhile that could actually be used, like
this....I would keep.
yvaryzu6

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
padron,

After reading through this thread, I did a little research (which you probably should have done yourself). As you know, people collect every kind of thing there is. Everything from expensive to crappy beanie baby dolls. It seems that collecting copies of rare and expensive coins is pretty extensive for many reasons:

1. Displays don't like using real coins that are extremely rare and expensive due to robberies

2. Some people can't afford $2k - $3k for an 8 Escudo Plate Fleet Cob to add to their collections. Same reason that AC Cobra Kit Cars are still popular. Most people can't shell out $1,000,000 for an original, but a $50K copy that they can drive all the time is okay.

So, maybe you aren't into collecting copies. Fine, get the goodie bag, put your fake Cobb on ebay and get on with your life. This thread is wasting valuable keystrokes! Just think of those poor NSA Techs that have to sit and read through all this crap!

Mike

I don't need to do any research to find it odd that a counterfeit treasure coin is offered packaged as incentive to purchase high end metal detectors.

Off course people collect all kinds of things, We all know that, it's common sense.

LOL, T nets counterfeit collector treasure coin sub-forum is strangely lacking though....

Last edited:

Lores

Apr 15, 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro ACE 250 Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the guy that was complaining yesterday about bad advise on his beach detector purchase? Frankly, I rather talk about everyone selling MD's for the same price. No one stands out from the crowd, so I guess it is all about customer service and free caca. OP, youre either trolling or concern yourself too much with minutia. Move on with your life and have a good day mate.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the guy that was complaining yesterday about bad advise on his beach detector purchase? Frankly, I rather talk about everyone selling MD's for the same price. No one stands out from the crowd, so I guess it is all about customer service and free caca. OP, youre either trolling or concern yourself too much with minutia. Move on with your life and have a good day mate.

I vote trolling

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No insults please...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's just so self-explanatory.
I literally just got this banner off of a very popular vendors sales page describing a very popular model
"The fornicator 3636 , Best of all, the ultimate high-performance treasure detector"
Now, that verbiage is quoted verbatim, except this particular model is not really called the fornicator, I substituted that for the actual nomenclature so as to not violate the site rules.

So after stating that what they're selling is hands-down the best treasure machine available today, which is pretty much stated for every single one of the other models in their inventory, they go on to describe the contents of a peripheral accessory package that comes complements of the vendor as an incentive to purchase from them.

Now I'm not making this next part up.
One of those items is a counterfeit treasure coin replica, which they go on to describe as an actual authentic counterfeit, complete with certificate.

Again, I'm not making this up, this is an actual circumstance.

You don't find that odd?, I mean, How much clearer do I have to be?
Can't they just throw a real cob in for $2500 and avoid any connotation of deception that a treasure coin replica/ counterfeit would certainly conjure?

I mentioned earlier if it would be odd for Mercedes-Benz to offer a fake Rolex with every New E320.

The responses varied from "not if they offered a fake Patek Philippe" , to "would it be odd if they offered a replica Mercedes,?"

What difference does it make pertaining to the brand of counterfeit merchandise Mercedes would offer as incentives to buy one of their cars? It doesn't really matter, because Mercedes would never associate themselves with a counterfeit, or replica anything.
Mercedes stands for proven quality, it is world renowned for that, Mercedes are not made of cheap plastic or feature 20-year-old technology, they are cutting-edge and well-built

If Mercedes offered a miniature Mercedes with every sale, they could do so, they ARE Mercedes, there would be no connotation of a counterfeit or replica anything.

Do you see how I really can't make it any clearer and yet there are still some here that seem to just not be capable of understand such a simple concept?

Simply put why would a reputable dealer want to associate their image with counterfeit culture by offering counterfeit treasure coins, as sales incentives?
Unless of course they knew that they were selling overpriced garbage, to simpletons they have no respect for as consumers.
Really, the only explanation is that getting your money is all that matters at any cost....

Ok....here's where you went wrong......

You tried to use a thread to (covertly) grind too many axes at once.

You can deny all you want, but to most observant readers, you appear to be obviously referring to Kellyco: "I literally just got this banner off of a very popular vendors sales page describing a very popular model"

You also say: "Before you know, some ridiculous nitwit will pull his fake cob out of his newly received merchandise package and post it as a recent find…."
Also obvious to most observant readers as a reference to a recent closed thread....or two.

If you don't like the promotions on said website...don't go to it!

The fact that you continue to refer to the coin as "counterfeit", and only say "replica" while quoting, is another indication of intent. Those are two very different things....

You can buy replicas of many things....popular, expensive, and rare cars...popular, expensive, and rare guns, popular, expensive, and rare coins, and many other things.

They are marketed as copies...

A counterfeit item is meant to deceive, and is represented as the real thing.....Someone buys an Italian copy of an old Colt revolver, then removes the modern serial number, and manufacturers info, etc., then "ages" the gun, and tries to sell it as an $8,000 original....A replica has turned into a counterfeit.

Some items are officially licensed replicas....or "reproductions".

Now...I know you know all this...and....in my opinion...are trying to "grind some axes", but you were just too transparent with it all....then to act like whoever didn't agree with you were just to stupid to "get it".....well....that didn't make you any new friends!

And...the "authentic replica" part is simple enough....It's "so self explanatory" as you seem to be fond of saying....an "authentic" replica is an accurate depiction of the item it represents, whereas one that is not authentic would not be historically, or technically correct. An "authentic replica" treasure coin will look like the real ones with the exception of the word "replica" or "copy" appearing on it....a non-authentic treasure coin would be like the fanciful "play money" or "pirate treasure coins" for kids, and arts and crafts and such that can be found on ebay or the dollar store or wherever...

And the part about Mercedes....."Mercedes stands for proven quality, it is world renowned for that, Mercedes are not made of cheap plastic or feature 20-year-old technology, they are cutting-edge and well-built"

I can assure you that cheap plastic abounds on and in just about every car under the $100k range...and even some above it. I just sold a 2004 E320 Mercedes, and it had cheap plastic ALL OVER the interior! the cheap plastic mirrors were falling apart, and the cheap plastic front air dam was held on with zip ties, as it was falling off. The leather on the seats (tops only...the rest was cheap vinyl), was cracking just like a 90's GM, and the cheap plastic carpeting was coming apart.....Oh....and it was running on technology that was waaaaaaaay older than 20 years old! All cars do. Even the electric cars are nothing new.

So how did that feel?

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Reply Jon!

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I perceive life very different then most, thats why I'm in the amazing position that I am in.
it Really doesn't seem that amazing ! How are you able to think with all the authentic replicas in your head ?

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't sleep,

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok....here's where you went wrong......

You tried to use a thread to (covertly) grind too many axes at once.

You can deny all you want, but to most observant readers, you appear to be obviously referring to Kellyco: "I literally just got this banner off of a very popular vendors sales page describing a very popular model"

You also say: "Before you know, some ridiculous nitwit will pull his fake cob out of his newly received merchandise package and post it as a recent find…."
Also obvious to most observant readers as a reference to a recent closed thread....or two.

If you don't like the promotions on said website...don't go to it!

The fact that you continue to refer to the coin as "counterfeit", and only say "replica" while quoting, is another indication of intent. Those are two very different things....

You can buy replicas of many things....popular, expensive, and rare cars...popular, expensive, and rare guns, popular, expensive, and rare coins, and many other things.

They are marketed as copies...

A counterfeit item is meant to deceive, and is represented as the real thing.....Someone buys an Italian copy of an old Colt revolver, then removes the modern serial number, and manufacturers info, etc., then "ages" the gun, and tries to sell it as an $8,000 original....A replica has turned into a counterfeit.

Some items are officially licensed replicas....or "reproductions".

Now...I know you know all this...and....in my opinion...are trying to "grind some axes", but you were just too transparent with it all....then to act like whoever didn't agree with you were just to stupid to "get it".....well....that didn't make you any new friends!

And...the "authentic replica" part is simple enough....It's "so self explanatory" as you seem to be fond of saying....an "authentic" replica is an accurate depiction of the item it represents, whereas one that is not authentic would not be historically, or technically correct. An "authentic replica" treasure coin will look like the real ones with the exception of the word "replica" or "copy" appearing on it....a non-authentic treasure coin would be like the fanciful "play money" or "pirate treasure coins" for kids, and arts and crafts and such that can be found on ebay or the dollar store or wherever...

And the part about Mercedes....."Mercedes stands for proven quality, it is world renowned for that, Mercedes are not made of cheap plastic or feature 20-year-old technology, they are cutting-edge and well-built"

I can assure you that cheap plastic abounds on and in just about every car under the $100k range...and even some above it. I just sold a 2004 E320 Mercedes, and it had cheap plastic ALL OVER the interior! the cheap plastic mirrors were falling apart, and the cheap plastic front air dam was held on with zip ties, as it was falling off. The leather on the seats (tops only...the rest was cheap vinyl), was cracking just like a 90's GM, and the cheap plastic carpeting was coming apart.....Oh....and it was running on technology that was waaaaaaaay older than 20 years old! All cars do. Even the electric cars are nothing new.

So how did that feel?

I feel fine, I just hope I don't find any counterfeit treasure coins such as the ones originating from the the metal detector dealer / dealers that give them away as incentive to purchase detectors.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you call them up and ask, they might send you one! That way you don't feel left out!:laughing7:

After all the talk in thread I want a replica now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you call them up and ask, they might send you one! That way you don't feel left out!:laughing7:

After all the talk in thread I want a replica now!

Well, buy a $2500 detector and they will send you a counterfeit treasure coin just for placing the order.

I don't have any counterfeit treasure coins and have never wanted or needed one.

Off course it's always more satisfying to find a real one after spending all that money…

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, buy a $2500 detector and they will send you a counterfeit treasure coin just for placing the order.

I don't have any counterfeit treasure coins and have never wanted or needed one.

Off course it's always more satisfying to find a real one after spending all that money…

Gezzz, at least be accurate, it's a Replica coin, not counterfeit coin there is a difference. A counterfeit coin is an attempt to deceive someone into thinking coin is authentic, they are not trying to deceive anyone.

Advertisement states flat out it's a Replica coin....This thread is getting real old...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It is no different than buying a box of Cracker Jacks because it advertises a toy inside. They say it is a replica and only has value to the receiver.

Ok, Yes, they may very well say that, but isn't it at least inappropriate that the source for counterfeit replica treasure coins and high-end metal detectors are one and the same?

(Hint: A metal detector is a genuine treasure seeking machine.....)

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Now they're "counterfeit replicas"??? The problem Pad is that if you ever actually get your story straight, you won't have a story at all! But hey, by exposing yourself to such ridicule, you've kept the nonsense going for four pages. I'm sure you count it as a "win".

OP
OP
E

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now they're "counterfeit replicas"??? The problem Pad is that if you ever actually get your story straight, you won't have a story at all! But hey, by exposing yourself to such ridicule, you've kept the nonsense going for four pages. I'm sure you count it as a "win".

I am getting through to a few people yes, but someone has to pay for all this infrastructure and…….. LOL

There is a "certain" targeted demographic that the subject practice has been proven to be undeniably unbelievably successful for, and some of its most easily victimized members have been self reported here…. LOL

The Madison Ave phycology behind offering counterfeit treasure coins complete with Certificates guaranteeing they are "authentic counterfeit replicas" with their high end cheaply made metal detectors runs deep .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread