TEKNETICS & FISHER Labs NEW PRODUCTS UPDATE

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
We are very pleased to welcome Carl Moreland to First Texas Products. Carl joins us as Director of Engineering, Utility & Night Vision Products.

Carl was most recently Engineering Manager for White's Electronics and has decades-long experience with metal detectors, magnetometers and geophysics. Carl hosts the Geotech internet forum and personally owns over 200 different metal detectors as well as a hoard of other treasure-hunting and geophysical equipment.

He has authored many technical papers and seminar presentations and when it comes to metal detectors, Carl wrote the book: "Inside the Metal Detector"

We are excited to add Carl to our already stellar team of engineers and are very excited about upcoming advancements in technology, exciting new items and the future of First Texas Products!

Dave Johnson & Carl Moreland will make a hard to beat team! IMO

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
[EDITED]

Please, don't anyone bother asking FTP-Fisher engineering or customer service departments about purported products coming up. Not only are we not at liberty to discuss projects that have not yet been released as products, when it comes to "internet rumor products" we may know less than you do.

--Dave J.

Last night when I first saw this thread I was really parsed arf. I'm partly over it now. Heck, "internet rumor products" are an almost normal part of the world we live in these days, maybe eventually I'll get used to it.

I occasionally joke that when I go to work in the morning, rather than check with the boss to see what I'm supposed to be doing, I just check the forums for the latest Internet rumor.

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Carl's a public figure in this industry, the fact he's working at FTP-Fisher nowadays isn't a secret, and it's been discussed some on "certain other forums". Was surprised the story didn't get much traction here.

I'm fine with what was posted about Carl. I think it's taken from an official company press release. And yes, we are VERY happy to have Carl on board.

What grated my gizzard was the "internet rumor products". The supposed information evidently came from someone inside the company, as best I can figure charlotte49er was repeating what he believed to be accurate information for public dissemination. Sorry for having jumped on 49er.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would guess the next T2 would be third generation after having to go back and add the F70 special sauce to the original T2.

A waterproof F70 in the hands of a TV series digging up double eagles in Central Park would sell....
:laughing7:

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In addition to the F19LTD we have more new models coming soon! The F11, F22 and F44 will be exciting new Fisher products that will take the detecting community by storm!

The Digitek and a new and improved G2 are in the works for the Teknetics line along with a 2nd generation T2, which will be waterproof. We are also working on other advanced platforms including Pulse Induction technology that will lead the industry for years to come.

Sound exciting?

[Past the already announced F19, I don't have details on the new models at this time.]

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
We are very pleased to welcome Carl Moreland to First Texas Products. Carl joins us as Director of Engineering, Utility & Night Vision Products.

Carl was most recently Engineering Manager for White's Electronics and has decades-long experience with metal detectors, magnetometers and geophysics. Carl hosts the Geotech internet forum and personally owns over 200 different metal detectors as well as a hoard of other treasure-hunting and geophysical equipment.

He has authored many technical papers and seminar presentations and when it comes to metal detectors, Carl wrote the book: "Inside the Metal Detector"

We are excited to add Carl to our already stellar team of engineers and are very excited about upcoming advancements in technology, exciting new items and the future of First Texas Products!

Dave Johnson & Carl Moreland will make a hard to beat team! IMO

Are we talking stuff that will be out sometime next year?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
That ain't quite what I said. When quoting, if you ain't sure you got it right please use the "Reply With Quote" feature. Thank you.

Mostly I like the Internet but there are times I hate it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ain't quite what I said. When quoting, if you ain't sure you got it right please use the "Reply With Quote" feature. Thank you.

Woof, I got it from a First Texas e-mail and also from a Jobe e-mail. (I'm a dealer for Tekentics & Fisher machines.) Since Jobe broadcast it, I didn't think I was posting anything confidential.

What I wrestled with was, "Gee, they are going to release a new Corvette. I'll just wait to by it instead of the current Corvette." Other than the F19, which we know is due out this year. There was no projected release dates for any of the other machines. They could be several years before they are released.

Woof, in the future, I'll treat this as "insider trading" and keep the releases to myself.

I really hate this forum and friendly! Of all the detecting forums out there. I get crucified for posting anything on these 2 the most. (I finally wised up and deleted my account on friendly. LOL)

Last edited:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
49er, my "use the quote feature" comment was directed at Dirtscratcher, not at you. You didn't do anything wrong. And Dirtscratcher wasn't intentionally misquoting me, he'd just misunderstood my post.

This embarrassing incident led to a bit of a behind-the-scenes kerfuffle within the company, and I'm probably the individual who came closest to getting "physical punishment". But the dust has settled, and we're happy campers again.

Wishing you the best,

--Dave Johnson

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woof, I got it from a First Texas e-mail and also from a Jobe e-mail. (I'm a dealer for Tekentics & Fisher machines.) Since Jobe broadcast it, I didn't think I was posting anything confidential.

What I wrestled with was, "Gee, they are going to release a new Corvette. I'll just wait to by it instead of the current Corvette." Other than the F19, which we know is due out this year. There was no projected release dates for any of the other machines. They could be several years before they are released.

Woof, in the future, I'll treat this as "insider trading" and keep the releases to myself.

I really hate this forum and friendly! Of all the detecting forums out there. I get crucified for posting anything on these 2 the most. (I finally wised up and deleted my account on friendly. LOL)

You keep on posting. Fisher is the one with issues, slapping a new coat of paint on a GoldbugPro and calling it "the greatest relic machine ever" when several existing models are clearly better, with the F70 far deeper and less expensive.

Fisher's new F19 Edsel model is all about marketing, not performance.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are right I misunderstood. That is just what I took from it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread