whites V3i,Minelab etrac,safari or XP deus?

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well Im looking for a new machine to swing.I've had the ATP for 3 years its done great for me but im wanting a lil more depth.I cant hit a silver dime at 8" im getting a real iffy signal at 7".6" to 61/2" is were its repeatable.my friend told to try the nel-attack coil but I dont want to throw away $250 on a coil,I've seen good and bad videos on the coil as well as the four swingers i posted in the title.
I'd like some advice from ppl who actually use the detectors/coil on a regular basis.
alot of my silver ive been digging lately is at the edges of areas of back filled dirt or where a bldg that was torn down.
last week I found 2 walking halves,2washingtons.The next whole was a walking half and a merc,both at 7 1/2" it was a real iffy signal but i dug any way.(thnk god i did)lol.they were all at the edge of back fill i walked away wandering what was I leaving behind for someone else..
any advice/help would be great .

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Owned the Vx3, E-Trac and Deus! No doubt if I bought one again it would be the Deus. Light, Simple, Deep whats not to like? Oh yeah…The price!!! Still, it's not that much more than the others!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Owned the Vx3, E-Trac and Deus! No doubt if I bought one again it would be the Deus. Light, Simple, Deep whats not to like? Oh yeah…The price!!! Still, it's not that much more than the others!

A local hunt buddy of mine got the Deus far more than a year ago and his big complaint is that he doesn't get good depth. He kicks butt at modest to shallow targets, just doesn't see 8-9 inch coins and jewelry. Just sayin'

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A local hunt buddy of mine got the Deus far more than a year ago and his big complaint is that he doesn't get good depth. He kicks butt at modest to shallow targets, just doesn't see 8-9 inch coins and jewelry. Just sayin'

Very first target I ever dug with the Deus was 9+" Wheat penny! Just saying'!

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a V3i and have dug silver dimes 10+" with the stock D2 coil. I got a 1943 Washington on edge at 8" with my 6x10 dd coil. You've got to dig those iffy signals. I would consider these examples right at the V3i's limit with the coil used.

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya the v3i seems alot more user friendly than the etrac too

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya the v3i seems alot more user friendly than the etrac too

It's actually just the opposite. The Etrac and CTX are turn on and go machines. Yes they can be "tweaked" but not necessary. I've never used the v3i but I have a friend who does ad he said it is 10x harder to get it setup than an Etrac

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Etrac is easier to setup for your hunting needs?I thought it was a pain.
I need to take a road trip ro kellyco and field test them all.lol

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's actually just the opposite. The Etrac and CTX are turn on and go machines. Yes they can be "tweaked" but not necessary. I've never used the v3i but I have a friend who does ad he said it is 10x harder to get it setup than an Etrac

Too much unnecessary garbage on all of those! Get a CZ-3D!

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've already checked on eBay for the CZ 3D they don't have any of the 1021's though.

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you have one of the newer ones?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 1021 right after I bought a newer one. Mine is Tom tuned @10.3" on dime test. This is with the 8" coil so I figure that is plenty of depth especially with the 10.5" coil

Last edited:
OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK you have my attenttion but you have to explain Tom tuned and is that 10.3 inches?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK you have my attenttion but you have to explain Tom tuned and is that 10.3 inches?

Tom Dankowski is the guy that designed the 3D. NOBODY knows the machine like he does. When ppl say it's NASA Tom/Tom Dankowski or just plain Tom tuned, it refers to the unit being sent to him for a full tune up and proper calibration instead of just having one "off the rack". Performance is greatly improved!

Yes, the 10.3 is inches. Mine tested only slightly better at 10.4 inches on a dime! These are buried measurements and NOT air test.

If you are after OLD coins, this is THEE machine to have! Plus because it's a dual freq machine it's also a great (salt) beach hunter!

jhapes78

Greenie
Oct 19, 2013
Ks
Detector(s) used
E trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let you know what I went thru....bought E-trac sold for xp deus sold it for V3I sold it.... got the E-trac....Done..Had each one over a year.....

Last edited:

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can turn on the V3i, pick a program ground balance and start detecting with multiple programs. It is as easy or hard as you want it to be with everything adjustable.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just to let you know what I went thru....bought E-trac sold for xp deus sold it for V3I sold it.... got the E-trac....Done..Had each one over a year.....

Yep! Same as all the others mentioned!

OP
OP
ringking76

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm leaning towards the etrac and the v3i,I like the multi frequency but I do wish for 1600 that the etrac would have wireless headphones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread