2 New Pin-Pointers that are SUPER impressive!

azblackbird

Sep 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI Pro, GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
3 gram nugget! WTF! The TRX will hit on a 3 grain nugget in the same type of soil. Already BTDT! It's all about how you ground balance.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the performance of the X-pointer. I have not had the battery issue that some have had. The only issue I can find that worries me is the quality of the buttons. My X-pointer is only about four months old and the rubber buttons are starting to break down. If this continues, I am afraid of water or dirt getting into the pointer. See below. I think Deteknix has a great pinpointer for the price, but needs to address this issue fast. This is one area that cheap material should not be used. As a followup, I contacted the vendor in charge of warranty work. They said this was the first time they have heard of this problem. He told me to send him a picture and my address and they would send me out some new buttons. So far great service.
WP_20141216_006.jpg

Last edited:

blong10

Apr 9, 2014
New Castle
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett AT PRO,
X-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the x pointer for over 4 months and all I can say is wow. I also have never had that battery issue that some people said they have. It's a excellent pinpointer for the price. And I heard they also have a really good customer service.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread