2 New Pin-Pointers that are SUPER impressive!

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Makro Pointer I just got a Makro Pointer to test. (I've spent about 30 min with this so far this afternoon. Bulletproof & waterproof to 1 M! Forget everything that comes with it (That is impressive in itself!) This pin-pointer not only moves the bar for other pin-pointers, it destroys the Olympic and World Records! LOL

Xpointer by Deteknix I've already had a chance to test this one and it's impressive. Especially no falsing.

[Not my videos, just posting FYI.]

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the bright orange x pointer from bart a few weeks ago and I love it!! Never a false signal. Works great so far!!

Attachments

• image-3547238272.jpg
    image-3547238272.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 183

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xpointer does not impress, The Makro has the water proof label but the short Russian video I seen posted on sensing displayed fair function but was not very strong on sensing. The school is still out on that one until I see more data. The standard recently raised by the Whites unit makes "being impressed" very hard.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xpointer does not impress, The Makro has the water proof label but the short Russian video I seen posted on sensing displayed fair function but was not very strong on sensing. The school is still out on that one until I see more data. The standard recently raised by the Whites unit makes "being impressed" very hard.
What were you not impressed with in using the x-pointer? Price is very cheap Sensitivity can be adjusted. (On high sensitivity I have located coins 3-4" inches away) Feels sturdy as the garrett pro Pinter or any other pointer And no falsing. You are the first person I have heard of that doesn't like the x pointer

Unless you read the manual. Most people don't realize it has different sensitivity settings

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The falsing is a plus, but its lack of being able to effectively sense small gold is a big negative. For the coin shooter it is fine. Please do additional research and you will quickly see what I am talking about. My unit has made its way to the bottom of the pile and will not even qualify as a back-up. Do your own tests and you will see that the video displayed above does not accurately display its normal function on small gold. You be the judge.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The falsing is a plus, but its lack of being able to effectively sense small gold is a big negative. For the coin shooter it is fine. Please do additional research and you will quickly see what I am talking about. My unit has made its way to the bottom of the pile and will not even qualify as a back-up. Do your own tests and you will see that the video displayed above does not accurately display its normal function on small gold. You be the judge.

Maybe the unit you tested was off

I watched the video you posted where you tested it with small items. I just tried the same test with similar objects and had no issues whatsoever. It sensed the foil th small gold earring and others from several inches away?? Maybe my unit is running hot

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
What were you not impressed with in using the x-pointer? Price is very cheap Sensitivity can be adjusted. (On high sensitivity I have located coins 3-4" inches away) Feels sturdy as the garrett pro Pinter or any other pointer And no falsing. You are the first person I have heard of that doesn't like the x pointer

Unless you read the manual. Most people don't realize it has different sensitivity settings

My X-pointer won't see coins at 3 or 4 inches, and I've never ever seen a utube showing anyone come close to that with an X-Pointer either. It possibly could by using the sliding nickel trick, otherwise the range of the X-Pointer ain't more than possibly a quarter inch over the ProPointer. I'd enjoy seeing a video of yours if it indeed hits 3-4 inches. I'd enjoy seing anyon'e Xpointer range 3-4 inches.

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My X-pointer won't see coins at 3 or 4 inches, and I've never ever seen a utube showing anyone come close to that with an X-Pointer either. It possibly could by using the sliding nickel trick, otherwise the range of the X-Pointer ain't more than possibly a quarter inch over the ProPointer. I'd enjoy seeing a video of yours if it indeed hits 3-4 inches. I'd enjoy seing anyon'e Xpointer range 3-4 inches.

No tricks at all. I will try to get a video by tomorrow night of my pointer

Are you changing the sensitivity of your x pointer?

I usually run mine on level 1. Because at the higher levels it's too sensitive. Like I said. I only have experience with the one I have. I have a buddy who has one as well. I will ask him to air test his on a. Clad dime to see where it's at

Maybe my Pointer just runs hot

Bob

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the video you posted where you tested it with small items. I just tried the same test with similar objects and had no issues whatsoever. It sensed the foil th small gold earring and others from several inches away?? Maybe my unit is running hot

Maybe you were using a TRX. Small gold from "several inches"? You had bettttttter hang on to that one.

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My initial tests with a piece of gold <0.1 gram the only pin pointers hitting on it (Besides the Falcon MD20) is the DetectorPro Pistol Probe, the Xpointer and surprisingly the Cen-Tec Pin Pointer. However, I didn't have the Makro Pointer to test. I'll be doing a video of all the pin pointers this weekend and hope to have it edited and up on YouTube by Tuesday. Including the Garrett Pinpointer.

Here is what I will be testing them on; A clad quarter, a copper penny, an aluminum 1 Yen coin, a silver dime, a lead civil war pistol bullet and finally a -.0.1 gram piece of gold.

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bowwinkles

Never the less, the X-Pointer has more features without the falsing of the Garrett Pro Pointer & the price of the TRX

What currently sets the benchmark is the NEW Makro waterproof pin pointer, which is also cheaper than your TRX

But hey, buy what tickles your nickel

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
I recently bought the XPointer and it is nice. It's a PI machine, unlike the TRX and Garrett. It favors the Propointer in feel and design, adjustable settings, vibe option, and is much cheaper.

There is a great video on YouTube by Mowerdog. Look it up. It's a long video but very detailed, thorough, and unbiased. He compares the XPointer, Propointer, and TRX.

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ONLY pin pointer that will pick up fine gold reliably is the Falcon MD20. It will find gold so small you can barely see it. Rocks on the surface only, but in soil it will go deeper, depending on the soil and the size of the gold.

If you are using anything else to find fine-flake gold. You are using the wrong detector.

NiagracountyNY

May 17, 2009
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
My makro pointer detects a small gold earing (half the size of a dime) at about 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch. I have no nuggets to test on sorry.Its water proof to 1 meter.Why all pin pointers are not water proof is beyond me.Who hasnt had to wash their pinpointer atleast now and then.Used the makro in muddy conditions all weekend worked great.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
No tricks at all. I will try to get a video by tomorrow night of my pointer

Are you changing the sensitivity of your x pointer?

I usually run mine on level 1. Because at the higher levels it's too sensitive. Like I said. I only have experience with the one I have. I have a buddy who has one as well. I will ask him to air test his on a. Clad dime to see where it's at

Maybe my Pointer just runs hot

Bob

Turbo...did you get the video done showing the X-Pointer hitting coins at 3-4 inches? martin

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got my Deteknix Xpointer last night.:icon_thumleft: Didn't have that fancy case that was shown above but it has a nice heavy duty canvas holder that I am going to try to attach to my detecting belt/bag.

After a false start with a dead battery, I did a very small and unscientific test and found it had pretty darned good depth on steel at least. I'll have to check it out on gold ASAP. My old tried and true PP had gotten so bad you actually had to be touching a coin for it to go off, so I knew it was time to buy a new PP.
One thing I DID notice is that the screw on battery cover wanted to strip out while installing it. I had to be careful to get it threaded properly before it would lock down tight. But that might have been my own dumb ass fault, not the machine. Looked like there was some room for improvement there. A spring to hold tension would probably help, plus a bit more threaded area.

Last edited:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my 2nd X Pointer has broken the same way my 1st did. The positive battery terminal is separating from the circuit board. I plan on sending it in to be replaced again. I recently posted a video showing the problem.

Nov 19, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thumbs up for the X Pointer customer service!:thumbsup:

I am definitely impressed with the X Pointer's customer service. I turned in the 2nd broken X Pointer on 17 November and got it back on 24 November! That is 7 days total! They changed out the guts of it with new ones and returned it. Even though I was upset that the 2nd one broke, I am very satisfied that they fixed it fast. I am only out a shipping cost of $5.87 for Priority Mail. It is working now. I probably wont be able to do a field test with it due to the weather. We are supposed to get a storm tomorrow.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It sure looks like that battery terminal is just shaped/bent a little off so it catches on the case. Is it possible to just reach down into the cavity with a small screwdriver or long nose pliers and push it back where it belongs? Maybe even bend it a touch so it doesn't repeat the problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread