AT-Pro Replacement Ideas?

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I own an AT-Pro that I managed to destroy by forgetting to leave my waterproof cap on my headphone plug... :BangHead:. I want to send it in to see if its salvageable but I believe it most likely is not. I'm willing to buy a new machine because the shipping from where I live would cost half the price of the detector to get it to Germany where I'd be able to have Garrett take a look at it but I feel like its risky. I'd buy a control box solo, because my coils and shaft are fine but I'm finding that to be impossible. Anyway my main problem now is that Garrett started restricting their international shipping and the prices I can find that will ship to me are things like "adventure packs" with a bunch of useless junk for an extra 200$ I don't want to pay, or their coming from Europe where their entry prices are already that high...

Can anyone recommend a similar metal detector, could be a little more expensive I'm willing to upgrade a little but I've always been Garrett loyal and now I'm pretty fed up dealing with this hassle and just want a decent machine. I've only got 2-3 more months here before the temps crank up really high, and I want to enjoy the nice weather while I can. Any help would be great.

ringking76

Jul 8, 2014
knoxville area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP,Minelab CTX 3030 and Tesoro Golden Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelabs are closer,e-trac seems to do well but they're $1200.

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a tesoro tejon. I love my at pro but wanted to upgrade. The tejon is a great machine. I have found things already that my pro would have missed, plus its only $595 and goes deep. If your good with the pro you will get the hang of the tejon pretty quick

Spike5887

Jul 22, 2013
South-West Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive always heard the Minelab x-terra 705 is great i own an AT Pro but this year before spring i will be getting an E-trac

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nokta Fors CoRe with the sale right now could be a possibility.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hookka - are you diving with the detector? What depth?

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
E-trac if you hunt alot cheapy like a garrett at pro if you dont have a lot of time to hunt

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not diving. I'm snorkeling at most but I tend to stay at neck deep maximum.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure liked the change going to the etrac. A much quieter machine. I instantly started finding more with the etrac.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ETrac is not water proof, would not snorkel with it, neither is the Nokta Fors CoRe. If your primarily water hunting you need a water detector.

You could go with Tesoro Sand Shark or Minelab Excalibur. If you have little trash in the water Sand Shark is probably best and is about half the price of an Excal

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a sand shark actually. I use it for in the water but prefered the at pro for wet sand. I think the etrac might be the one then. Thanks for all the helpful replies I didn't think the thread was going to get resurrected.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your machine isnt working anymore? just curious because Ive hunted twice in the water only to find out the cap wasnt on. It didnt do anything to my machine, but i was in fresh water......Well as fresh as a Texas lake can be..lol

I dont know from experience, but I know alot of people love those sandsharks

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No the machine isn't working. The cap was off. It was alright for a minute or two the next day when I started it up. It kinda went nuts and started going off and faded out. I tried new batteries and it didn't make a difference. Not sure what else would make it do thay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread