Technetics T2 vs Garrett AT Pro

freflite

Tenderfoot
May 3, 2011
Jonesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
I have owned probably close to a dozen different detectors over 30+ years of detecting, and the detector I own now is 3 AT Pro's( for the whole family) One thing people don't touch on much is learning the machine. These days, unless you are exceptional, eveybody wants everything right now!!!! So to keep from being totally frustrated in learning a complicated machine, would it not make better sense to get a more simple machine before moving to the more complicated machines? Don't get me wrong, the At Pro has a learnng curve also, but what it has as well is a beginners mode. I still find more relics etc with the At Pro than all the other detectors I've owned and that's why I stick with it. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm perfectly satisfied with dimes as deep as 10-12 inches with the At Pro. Good luck, freflite

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok the weight is not bad, the ergonomics are weird only from what I've heard from others. I still don't understand why no threshold tone? All other GB adjustable machines in the price range have it.

The weight pretty heavy, coupled with the S shaft make it worse. Yes it's a viable waterproof option, but if you never plan on going over knee deep or swinging in the rain, there are better options as far as depth, audio, features, and weight.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

eerteterter.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread