Greenie
Jan 24, 2015
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab SBC 2300, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone,

I plan on purchasing a 15" coiltek coil for my 705. I am trying to decide between the 7.5kHz and the 3kHz coil. I live in Central Florida and hunt primarily on land for old coins and small relics. The areas I hunt are moderately trashy with aluminum and iron. My ground balance numbers usually average between 29 and 60 at these locations.

I own a coiltek 6" 3khz digger coil which I am extremely satisfied with, however it doesn't always give me the best depth on coins. I also own a 9" 7.5 kHz concentrate coil and a 10.5" 7.5khz DD coil.

I recently purchased the 10.5" 7.5kHz DD from Amazon and have until January 31st to return it. I was considering returning it and applying the money toward the more expensive 15" coiltek coil.

1. Should I return the 10.5" 7.5kHz and replace it with the 15" coiltek, or purchase the 15" coiltek as an addition to my collection of coils? Given my budget, I would have to wait longer to purchase the 15" if I decided not to return the 10.5".

2. What frequency do you recommend for the 15" coiltek coil given the above mentioned criteria?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions