Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two opposite spectrum's. Relics respond better to a lower freq and gold better to a higher freq. But not that much. If you want to relic hunt as well as gold, I'd go with the AT Pro. The only thing it may miss is the tiniest of gold, which is the AT Golds advantage.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both and like both very much....but if relics are your passion the AT gold should be your choice. It hits those deep bullets alot better than the pro and has the deeper threshold based all-metal mode.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As for frequency. ..a relic hunter generally wants a higher frequency machine and a coin hunter a lower. Take the Tejon for example a very popular machine designed for relic hunting uses a very high frequency around 18-19khz and then they have the Silver Umax designed for coins uses 10khz. The AT pro is designed to be a all purpose machine and uses around a 15khz frequency. Also...a thing to remember is if a machine is good for gold it will also be good on lead as they have very similar conductivity. The Gold will hit good and hard on anything from the nickel to the brass range which should cover most of your relics.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I agree with "DiggerinVA". I have both and tend to use my AT Gold for my relic hunting needs, all metal and threshold really makes the difference.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread