Dream Machine

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i had $2500 to spare at the moment my machine would be the ATX for a PI and the CTX3030 for a vlf....iwould love to try both, but the prices are too much for me to gamble on. The problem with others reviews is they are opinions and i have seen the same machines get totally different reviews. Even machines i have personally owned and know are good some say are awful and some i hated others love....

OP
OP
K

KneeDeep31

Aug 6, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CTX3030 looks awsome! Ive read about that one plenty of times... Great machine. I would also like a test run with that bad boy.

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nokta Golden King, Makro Jeohunter, JW Fishers Pulse 8x V2, Pulse Star II :)

RockRaven

Jan 19, 2015
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Compass Challenger X80, Magnum 420, 220, RM6, Coin Mag, 77B, Yukon Nugget, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett AT Gold. Master Hunter ADS 7, CXII, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro 220, TR550, 840 Auto , Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also really like the Golden Mask Deep Hunter for the price, they have a new 22" coil that goes pretty deep, probably about like swinging a tree around :) I love the idea of being about to detect cavities, caves, and mine adits with units like the Jeohunter and some of the OKM products. So many fun machines out there if budget had no meaning, I would enjoy visiting some kind of museum of new and old metal detectors very much.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett atx for PI, id like to say Deus but the idea of having to charge 3 things and if batteries run out you're done so id like maybe a Nokta or 3030

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost went CTX3030 just recently... But it was the money thing on my end as well :-(
And i really liked RockRavens comment about to 22" coil... 'Like swinging a tree around' hahahahaha

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id like to say Deus but the idea of having to charge 3 things and if batteries run out you're done

Charging the Deus is simple work, and the battery life is great. If you really needed to, you could charge it out in the field with an inexpensive portable power cell. I've never had my Deus die on a hunt.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charging the Deus is simple work, and the battery life is great. If you really needed to, you could charge it out in the field with an inexpensive portable power cell. I've never had my Deus die on a hunt.

I've just heard and seen ppl with the deus and its always something it seems. I'm not saying it's a bad machine im actually impressed with it but I just don't like chargeable only units and to have one with three areas to worry about charging concerns me

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Excalibur 1000. I'm a hoarder.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread