at pro vs x-terra 70. which to buy for coins.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have an opinion on the AT Pro because I've never tried one, seen a lot of info on them and videos, I like the idea of having a water compatable machine though-even if for a light summer rain! I have a 305 and a 505 minelab- the 505 is a little stronger than the 305 as far as depth but I would love to get the 705 for the automatic ground balance.. no gold nuggets where I am for prospecting mode on 705, but the minelabs x-terra series are a great machine with the different frequency coils.

JrMack, FYI the prospecting mode is very useful on deep iffy target signals to tell if it's ferrous or non ferrous. Set iron reject on 7-8 and it's pretty spot on. It sounds almost identical to a GPX's audio.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although i am ATpro all the way on this topic.....i dont think the xterra series are bad machines and i will have to agree with the above statement that if you plan to go with an etrac eventually, the xterra may be right for you. And i will say i honestly believe the Etrac is the best coin machine made. Excellent on silver and awesome, accurate TID. But i also think that the ATpro and Etrac are a good combination to own. So just some more things to consider.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread