Best detector if you have hearing issues?

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makro racer has a vibrating handle.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta Fors CoRe has vibrating handle as well, closer to target the stronger it vibrates...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on how bad your hearing is....the Tejon has adjustable tone to find the best pitch for you.

OP
OP
G

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the suggestions guys

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have tinitus and had to have my headphones on my Excal II modified. Lost Item Recovery (thats his name) here on treasure net does the peltor 3M headphone modification. What it does is help keep outside noises out and gives you better amplification within your headphones. Send him a message and see if he can do the mod on your Whites.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tinitus and had to have my headphones on my Excal II modified. Lost Item Recovery (thats his name) here on treasure net does the peltor 3M headphone modification. What it does is help keep outside noises out and gives you better amplification within your headphones. Send him a message and see if he can do the mod on your Whites.
Or you can use the Black Widow headphones from Detector Pro. Black Widow.jpg Great for high noise areas too.:headbang:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If you were as blind as a bat, then you would will be much better off at tectin than if you were stone deaf. If you cant hear good, you aint gonna tect good. Screens wont help. At all. Unless you are in a spot where there is very little trash, and very much treasure. So what I am saying is that the tecter has to have good loud volume. Headphones and audio trump screens and numbers. I recommend any machine that has a good enough audio driver to make everything louder than hell at max volume, and use good quality full headphones, the ones that cover your ears. My cz is louder than most because its an underwater unit, I have to run my volume in low range with it. The best thing to do is to get good hearing aids, quality ones, the ones that cost more than metal detectors. Then its all good.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another option, Nokta Detectors ( Fors CoRe for example) have built in vibration in the handles, the closer to the target the stronger it vibrates... I tested one using no sound at all and liked it...

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get whatever kind of detector you want. If you are happy with the one you have, but your hearing makes using it hard, I can make you something:

Use two vibrating buzzers like this one ($3.99 on Ebay):

vibratingbuzzer.JPG

(The quarter is just for size reference).

Make either a velcro or stretch sleeve. Solder the wires to a headphone jack. Slip the sleeve over the handle of your detector, and run the wire to your headphone jack. BINGO! You now have a super vibrating handle for ANY detector.

Mike

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe you are referring to which head phones are better for hearing impaired. And the answer is a pair with a volume control on them. The Black Widows or Gray Ghosts are an excellent choices. I can not imagine hunting without head phones. I have dug some extremely deep targets that were just a whisper on the head phones that I would not have heard without head phones.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any suggestions on a good detector for someone that doesn't hear as good as he used to. I have a White's Beach Hunter ID that I use in the water, and on the beach. No problem with the tones, and the flashing lights make it easy to use. Are there any other detectors that work well for people with hearing loss? Thanks

I agree with Treasure_Hunter
Need help with a Nokta give me a call
dennis

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
I would suggest the v3i as u can select any tone u want. U can find the freq of tone u hear best and use that. Also there is a weath of info on the screen. Once u learn it it's very helpful

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OT.....wonder what revived it?

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Post #12 lol . Its not that old really there are threads that go on for years

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the choice could not be easier - go with the company that designs their gear with peoples dissabilities in mind -

Both Nokta/Makro have implimented features that help people with dissabilities which proves that they are at least thinking about us poor blind & deaf old fella's and that in my book is a positive thinking ideology to have - Oh yeah, their detectors seem to keep up with the best of the rest so you will not lose any performance over the alternatives ....... just a thought ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions