Gregg3131

May 24, 2015
Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently use a Garret Ace 350. It works very well for me. I tested it against a Deus XP and was shocked that the Deus only seem to get another inch or so of depth and did not really do much better on separating iron from a good target. Is this typical? I have read the Deus is a top rated machine. some of the land I hunt especially old civil war battlefield site has been hit hard but I know there are still targets left as I recently found a block I Confedrate button. I am looking to upgrade to gain some depth etc on some of my sites. Budget is between 1k and 1500k. I really need an easy to use machine nothing to complicated.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Should I still consider the Deus? Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dues is a good choice but I would also consider the Nokta Fors CoRe before making your final decision....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very satisfied with my F75LTD SE. I hear good things about the deus, especially it's light weight. The minelab CTX3030 is out of your price range, but the E-Trac is another one in your budget. You might also want to check into a Technetics T-2 SE, it's more of a relic machine. I recommend you watch a few videos of each as well as get personal opinions for the T-Net users.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very satisfied with my F75LTD SE. I hear good things about the deus, especially it's light weight. The minelab CTX3030 is out of your price range, but the E-Trac is another one in your budget. You might also want to check into a Technetics T-2 SE, it's more of a relic machine. I recommend you watch a few videos of each as well as get personal opinions for the T-Net users.
ETrac is in his budget but is more complicated and he said "easy to use"...

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Etrac does not do well on relics in our VA dirt....

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TDI pro or SL with a mono coil if it's relics your after. It is right in your price range and will punch thru mineralization better than VLF machines.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently use a Garret Ace 350. It works very well for me. I tested it against a Deus XP and was shocked that the Deus only seem to get another inch or so of depth and did not really do much better on separating iron from a good target. Is this typical? I have read the Deus is a top rated machine. some of the land I hunt especially old civil war battlefield site has been hit hard but I know there are still targets left as I recently found a block I Confedrate button. I am looking to upgrade to gain some depth etc on some of my sites. Budget is between 1k and 1500k. I really need an easy to use machine nothing to complicated.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!! Should I still consider the Deus? Thanks

AT Pro; Minelab 705; Tesoro Tejon

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He did say easy and the Tejon is very easy to learn.

BigMerv

Jul 29, 2013
Jackson, MS Metro Area
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3300 with 4", 8", and 10" coils. Time Ranger with 4", 8", 10", and F4 11" DD coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget about the Nautilus DMC IIB, or the DMC IIBa. Both are VERY deep relic machines. Made in the USA with MilSpec components. Plus, tones in one ear with threshold in the other really helps with audio ID on targets. But, if you want or need a meter, then it likely won't suit you. I know some who hunt with them and swear by them. BBJ

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Fisher F19 is a great relic machine. Designed after the Teknetics scale, it offers a 1-39 TID range for iron, much more expansive than Fishers usual range. Plus it offers FeTone Iron Audio and VBreak, an advantage over most detectors. The AT Pro also has an expanded iron range, but no AM mode (something no relic hunter should be without). The Tejon would be best for a threshold based AM mode if you want the deepest relics.

I'm partial to screen info myself.

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gregg3131

If you have the time look into a Garrett AT-Pro great coin and relic Detector