Please i need your advise

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello people
I was saving money for buying a good metal detector that goes deep for coins and also ignores iron because i don't want to dig everything, i will be most likely searching on a dry soil, so which MD you recommend me; Blisstool v6 the beast or Nokta FORS CoRe Pro?, I'm really confused and I'll really appreciate your advice.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Walid-

Not sure you will find any detector to eliminate iron. You can mask/notch iron so it does not tone however. I have a Fors CoRe I just bought so I don't have enough time with it to give you a detailed response. I will say I like the simplicity of the machine coming off of a XP Deus. Not as much to fine tune and the tones are great. The build of the machine is great and well balanced at the "S" bend which is perfectly balanced.

Hope someone with experience on both systems can chime in.

OP
OP
Walid1010

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you located?
I'm living in Jordan, and most of the ground there are dry soil, but after i saw the Golden Sense md i have changed my mind, so should i go for the Core For or Golden Sense?, whish one is more stable and deeper, thanks in advice.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For "coins" none of the above. Look at the Omega 8000 or wait a little while longer for the 8500 to be released.

Last edited:

Patriot 1776

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Dec 9, 2014
MA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX and V3i, Garrett AT Pro , ACE 350, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello people
I was saving money for buying a good metal detector that goes deep for coins and also ignores iron because i don't want to dig everything, i will be most likely searching on a dry soil, so which MD you recommend me; Blisstool v6 the beast or Nokta FORS CoRe Pro?, I'm really confused and I'll really appreciate your advice.

Check out the video
need any help give me a call
dennis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTl...ature=youtu.be

OP
OP
Walid1010

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the video
need any help give me a call
dennis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLTl...ature=youtu.be
Oh it said "couldn't find the video" :/

I'm really confused with picking a good md detector,my mind blown, I'll re-explain it again, i want a metal detector that goes deep for coins (especially silver coins) and that ignores iron,aluminum,bottle cap. After hard research i had put this list of md and i don't know which one is perfect for my choice;

E-Trac
Explorer SE Pro
Explorer XS
Omega 8000
CZ-3D
X-Terra 705
Xp Deus

Please tell me which one should i go for,and that would be good for deep old silver coins, thanks guys

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I couldn't get video to load either

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will never find a coin detector that ignores aluminum. Chunks of aluminum are the sweetest sounding silver coin you will ever find. They come in every size, shape and depth. There's no getting around it, your digging aluminum.

OP
OP
Walid1010

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never find a coin detector that ignores aluminum. Chunks of aluminum are the sweetest sounding silver coin you will ever find. They come in every size, shape and depth. There's no getting around it, your digging aluminum.

First thanks for your reply, well ok don't give an attention to the aluminum thing, I'm just searching for a good MD that will find me a silver coins especially old deep Roman silver coins, so which md you would recommend it, i dont care about the price if it's really worth, after the so much research i have to choice between those 3 metal detectors;

E-Trac
Explorer SE Pro
Xp Deus

I'll really appreciate your help

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
etrac is very capable on deep silver,hard to beat.the deus is soooo much lighter and can also go for deep silver.You would be happy with either I'm sure.bit of a learning curve on either as they are not beginner machines.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it were me, with the 3 you narrowed it down to, I'd get the XP Deus, both minelabs give great ID but are slower to recover than the Deus. I swing the F75LTD SE and am very happy with it's capabilities it is as fast as the XP Deus to recover but the Deus can go a couple centimeters deeper if programmed right for the location you are detecting while using the stock coil. I believe I can get just as deep now that I swing the 12" x 15" S.E.F. butterfly coil.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First thanks for your reply, well ok don't give an attention to the aluminum thing, I'm just searching for a good MD that will find me a silver coins especially old deep Roman silver coins, so which md you would recommend it, i dont care about the price if it's really worth, after the so much research i have to choice between those 3 metal detectors;

E-Trac
Explorer SE Pro
Xp Deus

I'll really appreciate your help

I would go with the XP Deus if you hunt by tones only and do not use VDI to try to identify targets. I would imagine if your in an area that has that kind of history you dig most everything anyway.
The E-Trac does have a slower recovery but it ID's much better and still goes deep.
There will be a learning curve with either one but that's just part of the hobby.
I would love to have a chance to dig history like that. Good luck!

OP
OP
Walid1010

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I'll be buying the xp deus, but one thing i want to ask about, i heard that you have to resend the batteries to it's manufacturer after x period of time, is that right?

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can actually replace them yourself. They make a kit for the coil to re-waterproof the battery install, or you can send it in when they won't hold a charge anymore and have them replaced.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ok I'll be buying the xp deus, but one thing i want to ask about, i heard that you have to resend the batteries to it's manufacturer after x period of time, is that right?

You can replace yourself on the box but the coil I would send in because it has to be sealed back up to make it H2O proof.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BTW- Congrats on the Deus. They are fine machines and once you learn the machine has so much capability. I somehow wish I had kept mine. I would highly suggest getting Andy's book on the Deus however and read very well. Best money spent and if you can ever attend his one day workshop if in your area a big plus too. I attended it in Charlotte, NC and he explained so much more from his book that was a bit hard for me to understand and on how to write custom programs.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know there was a post here about the Fors not really being a coin finder...........I am here to say it will find coins easily! I have dug infested ground with mineralization and it finds them and the tones are great for you to know it will not be trash.

I think to each their own and really a referral as to what is best in this hobby is so highly subjective that your head will spin from reading everyone's input.

That Deus will serve you well. Which package did you get? I had the WS4 then added the GG headset which was awesome!

OP
OP
Walid1010

Walid1010

Greenie
Oct 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have got the WS5 it has a bigger screen,i have the V3.2 with 11" coil,it really awesome with the hot program especially for depth and separation,but i don't really know which coil is good for coinshooting especially deep silver coins,any suggestion?

Last edited:

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have got the WS5 it has a bigger screen,i have the V3.2 with 11" coil,it really awesome with the hot program especially for depth and separation,but i don't really know which coil is good for coinshooting especially deep silver coins,any suggestion?

I too had the 11" coil with my Deus and it did remarkably well. if you are hunting Fe/trash infested areas you may want to seek the smaller coil for sure to separate out trash better. The 11" coil is great for large fields for coverage and in general. I do wish I had gotten the 9" coil instead. There was some speculation that Deus was going to come out with something maybe in the 6" range for tight areas to hunt and for super trashy areas but I am not sure they have yet. Alain who started the company did a live Skype with us on that rumor and said it may be coming but never eluded as to an exact time frame.

If I had my choice it would be a combo 9"/5.5"-6" coil package. But we are picky people being consumers!

You will like the system.......but once again I highly recommend the book and possibly attending the one day school on this machine or seeking out someone in your area that has mastered the detector and understands it like Andy does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread