Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bizzo

Aug 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might look into the new Garrett detectors. I don't know much about them but my Ace 250 will hit coins at 6-7" easily and in some areas 8+ with jumpy signals. It shocked me in my test bed when it nearly outperformed my AT Pro.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay away from the Coinmaster....worst machine i have used/owned. I would look at the Eurotek pro, fisher f2 and Tesoro Silver Umax in the price range you speak of.....all three are well worth the money and should pay for themselves with a little time & effort.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe this ad may be a mistake. But if you can act quick enough and get it, DO IT. $125 is unheard of for it's abilities. Be careful and double check. The name says Pilot but the number is the QDP number.

Robot Check

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you get your new Tesoro Compadre 8" yet? :occasion14:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
The F2 is a beast on coins.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The above post (quoted below) links to an amazon listing for a BH Pilot detector. The ad is in error apparently since it is a Kellyco item and if you go to their website, you find another "muffler on a stick" layout machine - price is $125 and it has a 7.5" round coil. Google "Kellyco Bounty Hunter Pilot" and you will find it.

I believe this ad may be a mistake. But if you can act quick enough and get it, DO IT. $125 is unheard of for it's abilities. Be careful and double check. The name says Pilot but the number is the QDP number.

Robot Check

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the price it's hard to beat the Fisher F2, if you don't want to spring for the 11" DD get the package with the 4" coil for better target ID. My F2 paid for itself in no time.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know if it's still the same but I you can get the f2 with 11" DD alone or the other package that gets you the pin pointer 8" concentric and 4" coil for the same price. I'd get the 11" DD alone package myself if I had the choice.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most machines of that price range made by name brand companies will pay for themselves if you put in the time....

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The above post (quoted below) links to an amazon listing for a BH Pilot detector. The ad is in error apparently since it is a Kellyco item and if you go to their website, you find another "muffler on a stick" layout machine - price is $125 and it has a 7.5" round coil. Google "Kellyco Bounty Hunter Pilot" and you will find it.

Probably. I PMed Peachy about a new Tek Delta 4000 (Titanium) for $159 on sale. Hard to beat that deal.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if it's still the same but I you can get the f2 with 11" DD alone or the other package that gets you the pin pointer 8" concentric and 4" coil for the same price. I'd get the 11" DD alone package myself if I had the choice.

"IF" they were the same price I'd agree, but the F2 with the 11" DD costs about $300, where as you can 2 coil kit with a pinpointer for your kid, for around $215. I was taking his budget into consideration and advising on bang for buck.

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"IF" they were the same price I'd agree, but the F2 with the 11" DD costs about $300, where as you can 2 coil kit with a pinpointer for your kid, for around $215. I was taking his budget into consideration and advising on bang for buck.

I wasn't sure if they were the same price. He said his brother in law wanted a detector so I thought he may want to go the better route. I know when to got the f2 I got the 2 coil combo at first and then when I ordered the DD the finds went up way more. Even in spots I hit before with the other coils on. Once the 11" DD went on it never came off again! [emoji2]

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F2 with the NEL sharpshooter is another killer combo. Fiancee uses one and makes her share of great finds.

OP
OP
Peachy

Peachy

Feb 16, 2015
High Lonesome
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for all of your input, it really helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread