newbie needing help with an odd situation

panagringo

Jan 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening. I will try to explain without turning this into a book. I am a US citizen who lives in south america. I still have a house in the usa. I have a farm in SA and its fairly obvious that my farm used to be a village several centuries ago. In my local it was not maya, inca, or aztecs. It was a whole different sort. This sort had a tendency to bury things up to 15' deep. mostly things were 5-10. much of the things were gold, some fairly large.

I had a german military landmine/bomb detector that was good to 3 meters. I used to use it for locating utilitys before drilling holes in business years ago. A flood in the basement of my usa home destroyed it so I am due a replacement. Insurance owes me for a new detector. It is not possible to get another New one of the type I had so I need to find comparable. In this situation "comparable" becomes pretty much open season.

My question to you gurus is what detector should I get as the replacement knowing my needs now are tracking down columbian and pre columbian goodies that can be shallow or pretty deep.

I thank anyone in advance for any input

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
First welcome to the forum. I would think if you need extreme depth on gold, then the minelab gpx series would be something you need to look into. These aren't cheap though, there high end one is around 5 grand.

If this is too much (I can't afford one unfortunately) then look at the other brands that have pulse induction technology. Garrett and Whites have models, but I have heard rave reviews on the Minelabs.

I hope you get one for your needs.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To get that deep you would need a two box detector to get anywhere near the 3 meters, I know White's makes the TM 808 which should get you the depth you seek. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions