SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Guys,
Decided to share main settings for AKA Sorex Pro / AKA Signum MFT / AKA Signum MFD metal detectors. As to AKA Berkut-5 it's a completely different to Sigrex family metal detector and therefore I can advise nothing how to set up it

1. GB (Ground Balance)

Sorex Pro Ground Balance (GB) without A-Gain
https://youtu.be/uZM_CJLjhqU

I must say this video is 2 years old. I do GB slightly different nowadays.
Larger amplitude pumping should be done when ground signal is weak (extra light grounds) and less amplitude/smoother pumping should be done when ground signal is strong (mineralized grounds). Manual GB correction is compulsory.

If yr grounds electrolyte and cardio signal appear instead of straight line whilst GBing, low Gain down or choose lower frequency coil and/or smaller coil. E.g.: I failed to GB with 13"@3F at all frequencies and had nothing but to equip my AKA Sorex Pro with spare 6"x10"@20 kHz coil. Gbing with 6"x10"@20 kHz was just a song!

Sometimes it's difficult to force horizontal line cross both vertical short lines at extra light grounds, do not expect to succeed GBing in automatic mode, just enter manual GB and pump with higher amplitude and bring the line to horizon with no zoom sound.

Signum's GB procedure is equal.

2. Setting Gain, ST (Sensitivity), RT (Threshold)

Keep ST (Sensitivity), RT (Threshold) on higher and Gain at level with almost no falsings

Signum
Clean Sites
ST on 11-12
RT on 10-11

Sorex Pro
Clean Sites
Sensitivity on 16-18
Threshold on 14-16

3. Economy Mode
Switch economy mode when grounds are conductive and/or mineralized. Trashy sites require economy on as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread