Eurotek Pro Or Fisher F22?

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thinking about getting another detector and I have been studying the Eurotek Pro, with the stock coil, and the Fisher F22 with the weather proof housing. I believe I could add the DD 11" search coil to either of these detectors later on as money becomes available.

The only negative thing I have read or seen in any videos about the Eurotek Pro is the claim that the screen is delicate and can scratch easily. (I know I can get a cover but, who wants to mess with that in the field?) I figure if the Fisher F22 can handle some exposure to water (rain, etc.) then maybe it has a more robust screen too? The stock coil on the F22 appears to be a good compromise between the round search coils and the DDs. I would feel more comfortable putting the F22 into a kayak for some river bank searching as well.

Other than the potential screen issue as mentioned by several reviewers, I really like the Eurotek Pro and, for all I know the internal electronics are very similar/the same as the F22...who knows?

Any thoughts on which detector might be better for all around detecting? No ocean beaches here in Kentucky so, that is not an issue. It would be mostly riverbanks, fields, woods detecting for anything interesting from coins to misplaced gold.

Any and all opinions would be welcome. Money is a serious issue here and the $229 for the F22 would be my present limit.

Thank you all in advance.

Bill

Last edited:

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the F22 so I can't comment on that machine.

I have used the ETP though (bought it for my wife). I am very impressed with the ETP - I believe it gives a lot of bang for the buck.

I haven't noticed if the screen is more prone to scratches than other machines, but I'd guess that it isn't since I haven't noticed a difference. My wife doesn't hunt a lot though, so it is possible that more frequent usage would result in far more scratches.

The ETP is a quick machine, lightweight and easy to use. It pinpoints very well and the depth estimates appear to be relatively accurate (the deeper the target, the less accurate) most of the time. It separates targets very well and I like the iron audio feature. From memory - I haven't used it in awhile - I believe it will get quarters down to 6-7 inches; perhaps even a bit more if the conditions are right.

It features a set ground balance - possibly an issue if your soil is a bit tougher than mild. I don't know of a similarly priced machine that features the ability to ground balance - so a set balance is likely the norm for the category.

My wife has used the machine on the beach (dry sand only) without a problem. In fact the set ground balance hasn't been a problem anywhere we've hunted so far.

I believe the ETP has a 5 year warranty (I believe the F22 has the same warranty).

I bought the ETP because my wife wanted a simple, easy to use, detector that was all hers. She is very happy with the machine and I'm happy because she is happy. But it is a very good machine anyway.

Best of luck in finding the right machine for you.

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you very much for the response. I appreciate it and, I am happy to know that the screen on the Eurotek does not appear to be an issue. That was the main thing holding me back...maybe that reviewer made an error? This helps a lot and again, thank you.

Bill

PS I was born and raised in NJ. In KY now for the past 30 years.

OP
OP
P

PirateLabs

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/teknetics/480896-my-review-thoughts-eurotek-pro.html

Here is the thread where the reviewer mentioned that the screen is a little flimsy. It's funny, this fellow says that battery life is great and in another review a different guy says the detector eats batteries. Oh well. All in all, in every review I have read/watched, the consensus was that the Eurotek Pro is indeed well worth the money. I am sure I will like it a lot.

Bill

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Most detectors are available used and will likely be just fine. So if your budget is very limited I would encourage you to look at used detectors as well. The Eurotek Pro I'm not convinced it scratches as easily as the Omega 8000. Eurotek Pro has so few adjustments it is probably hard to set it up wrong. I have the Fisher F22 also. There is still a thing or two I need to memorize about it to use it the most effective way. Best wishes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread