Radio Shack Discovery 1000 Thoughts.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy is getting into the detecting side of treasure hunting, he just got like an under 5 dollar deal on a used once Discovery 1000 by Radio Shack (family member had it in the closet, he might have even gotten it for free, dunno). I've looked over the manual myself, and it seems like it has the necessary things on it, but wondering if any of you guru's have any advice or hints or tips or horror stories that I can give him to be successful with this machine. Thanks and good hunting.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a very basic $69.00 single frequency VLF (very low frequency) metal detector that will give you plenty of targets to dig between surface, and 4"- 5" in depth. The discrimination is terrible, as is the recovery speed. It is a fine detector to get started with, and then you can move up to something much better for $170.00 - $260.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread