Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TNet community- I've been using the ACE 350 since I started detecting 1year ago. I've had good luck with it finding coins, buttons, buckles, and want to keep it as back up. I've got $800 to spend on a detector. I'm considering (solely based on price because I have no experience with other machines) the AT Pro, Teknetics T2 SE, Teknetics 8000.
The ACE 350 is great at the beach but something about the ground here in NJ makes her iffy on the deep coins.
I'm mostly in the woods and at permissions, so looking for advice on deeper coin and button recovery.
Thank you, GM.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Gene
That new Minelab is suppose to be coming out soon...maybe look into that it`s in your price range .
Gary

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Gene
That new Minelab is suppose to be coming out soon...maybe look into that it`s in your price range .
Gary

Thanks. I will check that out.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Minelab EQUINOX 800

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The beauty is, you have so many great machines available to you. Makro Racer 2 is an Excellent machine, so is the Fisher f75; Teknetics T2; Tesoro Outlaw; Garrett AT Pro - and the list goes on! Sit down at the table and make a list of what YOU WANT in a detector, and WHERE you are going to use it! Then Check your wallet and see which machine BEST SUITS YOUR NEEDS. Easy! :skullflag:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
With $800 you can probably buy two. There's an AT Gold for $300, starting price, and AT Pro for $380 that's been on my local craigs for over a month.
Both these machines could probably be bought for around $550.
Ever since the release of the AT Max, the bargains are everywhere on the other two VLF AT series.

The best advice I can give is to try before you buy. In NJ, that should be doable.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest you wait about another month and consider the Minelab Equinoix, it is multi freq and the ability to select individual freqs too, waterproof to 10 feet. You will be able to hunt fresh water, salt water, we salt sand, dry sand, dirt and gold nuggets with the selectable freq of 20 khz or 40 khz.

Just a suggestion...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would suggest you wait about another month and consider the Minelab Equinoix, it is multi freq and the ability to select individual freqs too, waterproof to 10 feet. You will be able to hunt fresh water, salt water, we salt sand, dry sand, dirt and gold nuggets with the selectable freq of 20 khz or 40 khz.

Just a suggestion...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thank you. I will probably preorder that one. Looks good.

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With $800 you can probably buy two. There's an AT Gold for $300, starting price, and AT Pro for $380 that's been on my local craigs for over a month.
Both these machines could probably be bought for around $550.
Ever since the release of the AT Max, the bargains are everywhere on the other two VLF AT series.

The best advice I can give is to try before you buy. In NJ, that should be doable.

Thanks for the tips.

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The beauty is, you have so many great machines available to you. Makro Racer 2 is an Excellent machine, so is the Fisher f75; Teknetics T2; Tesoro Outlaw; Garrett AT Pro - and the list goes on! Sit down at the table and make a list of what YOU WANT in a detector, and WHERE you are going to use it! Then Check your wallet and see which machine BEST SUITS YOUR NEEDS. Easy! :skullflag:

Sage advice. Thanks.

OP
OP
Gene Mean

Gene Mean

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2016
Central NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Equinox 800
Eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Look at the Makro Racer 2. I have the AT Pro and the Racer goes deeper and is better balanced. The Makro Racer 2 is fantastic on saltwater beaches, where the AT Pro is not. The AT Pro is waterproof which is the only advantage it has over the Makro Racer 2. Read this review by T-Net's Terry Solomon to find out more: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/nokta-makro/522962-review-makro-racer-2-pro-package.html good Luck on your decision.

I will look into it. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread