mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my XP Deus for about 8 months now and love it. The detector is light weight, everything about it is wireless, it's programmable and the recovery speed is out of this world. The control box is not waterproof but there are several ways to remedy that. And if you do go water hunting, you'll need to buy the water kit so the wireless coil is able to communicate with the control box/headphones. Some folks build their own but then you may void the warranty. Just some things to think about.

I do not own a Makro Racer II so I cannot comment on that detector but I'm sure others will chime in.

If you're not in a hurry, I would wait for the Equinox to come out and see what the reviews are like. During my research I see that particular detector is waterproof.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XP Deus Rocks!

Recovery speed is out of this world. The coil to depts ratio is crazy deep. For example 10-12” solid depth from a 9” coil

Cheers

80302D7D-03DC-4376-A508-8BE4567AF02F.jpeg

OP
OP
T

thedukeofdelaware

Apr 20, 2017
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Does it matter which model? Looks like they range from 799 to 1565.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Option # 3 with... controller and wireless back phones .
Most like the 9" coil LF or HF
Gary

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I went from ATP to Deus 3.5 years ago, and never looked back.

I prefer backphones (WS4) and a controller, I have both LF coils, and I like them both. The 9" is a little easier to use, but the 11" covers more turf. No matter which one I have on, I usually want the other one, that's just ME. So unfortunately, I am telling you to spend more money, not less.

Deus light (no controller) is OK, but the target audience is someone with $800. If you can afford the whole enchilada, then do it.

I don't like over the ear (WS5) headphones, too hot in summer, and I can't hear the pinpointer, or anything else, through them. They are warm in winter, but I'd rather just wear a hat and use WS4s.

There are deals to be had on the price also. You don't have to pay list.

If you have questions, PM me.

Good luck, and you really had me going with the Deus or Makro comment, I thought that you were serious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread