Goodbye HUMAN EMPLOYEES Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter?

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIrst Texas dismisses its employees. Goodbye Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter?

I read this recently on another site. Is this true?

“ First Texas dismisses the employees and from now on the Fisher, Teknetics, and Bounty Hunter units will be assembled by robots. If so, why not to let the latter to hunt with these machines?

629093D0-6809-42FC-8692-6D4EDB5EDD62.jpeg

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bogus story from a bogus blog site. They laid off a few employees. Some of them being very good people.

However....

They are building a new warehouse...
Recently hired a new engineer (and other positions)...
Recently acquired a new company...
Coming out with new tech sooner than most realize...
Make NV googles worth $10K a pop for the military....
Make more from BH alone in a few days than most MD manufacturers make in a month...

Perhaps that can shed some light on the truth of the matter.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell them to come on with the new tech... want to buy one.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Really? Are they really coming out with new advancements in detecting technology? Or are they continuing to re-label the same old tech in a new box? There has been very, very little new advancements in detecting in the last 2 decades. Even the advances that have come out have been single steps forward. So what is this brand new tech you claim to have knowledge of?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now why in the hell would I break my NDA to a stanger I rarely interact with on a public forum? You not believing me is a laughable reason.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now why in the hell would I break my NDA to a stanger I rarely interact with on a public forum? You not believing me is a laughable reason.

why so hostile? I don't know you from a hole in the ground. You could be joe-detectorists blowing smoke, how are we to know?

My point is a lot of detector manufacturers talk a big game of their "all new must-have" detector but very few have put any R&D into them, they just re-box the same old detector. So you'll have to excuse my reluctance to believe without some evidence.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Physics is a Harsh mistress.

the only totally new detector technology in the past 20 years or so has been the Minelab GPZ.

Everything else has been new releases based on established VLF IB motion detectors with single or multi frequency. Successive improvements in software processing and user interface and ergonomics have resulted in more modern and attractive offerings but the basic technology has basically gone nowhere.

The same is true in the area of Pulse Induction detectors as well.

various patents have been filed but no new tech has appeared other than the GPZ.

Whites has teased us with ideas based on patents that they hold, but it is unclear what engineering talent and financial strength they have.

Minelab owns the spotlight right now with the Equinox, but again - as exciting as it is to have single frequency and simultaneous multi-frequency combined in a lightweight package - none of the technology it is particularly novel - not saying it won’t be a great machine, but the complaint is the lack of new -

Garrett- who knows

First Texas - they suffered a leak of a distributor presentation about 2 years ago in which they outlined two new platforms based on new multi-frequency technology. Neither has appeared. They seem to be coping with this setback through renewed innovation in marketing - selling direct and savagely cutting prices. They also have laid off a number (not a large number I have heard) of staff in El Paso. On the engineering side, they recently hired Alexandre Tartar of France to Head new Pulse Induction Detector development based on his very promising Manta series of PI detectors which showed great depth and useful iron discrimination - that is truly new - but even there, it is based on conventional PI design concepts.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why so hostile? I don't know you from a hole in the ground. You could be joe-detectorists blowing smoke, how are we to know?

My point is a lot of detector manufacturers talk a big game of their "all new must-have" detector but very few have put any R&D into them, they just re-box the same old detector. So you'll have to excuse my reluctance to believe without some evidence.

Not hostile at all. You are calling me out on my "claim" with your usual snippy tone. I returned the favor. You're an intelligent guy most days...you can obviously come to the conclusion that if I know of said tech that I surely could not talk about it. Especially with another hole in the ground as yourself. So not really sure why you are even asking. I have not once seen you clamor for a Minlelab tester to release info early. But yet a FT tester should. Bonkers.

You'll have to excuse my reluctance to divulge information.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not hostile at all. You are calling me out on my "claim" with your usual snippy tone. I returned the favor. You're an intelligent guy most days...you can obviously come to the conclusion that if I know of said tech that I surely could not talk about it. Especially with another hole in the ground as yourself. So not really sure why you are even asking. I have not once seen you clamor for a Minlelab tester to release info early. But yet a FT tester should. Bonkers.

Ah, but the difference here is that ML announced a detector and announced the technology in it and what it does different from past detectors. FT has done none of that. I haven't asked any ML testers to reveal info, but I haven't had any ML testers saying in a public forum "Minelab will release brand new technology very soon". So, you open the dialogue, you should be ready to talk. Not ready to talk, then stick to your NDL.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Texas - they suffered a leak of a distributor presentation about 2 years ago in which they outlined two new platforms based on new multi-frequency technology. Neither has appeared. They seem to be coping with this setback through renewed innovation in marketing - selling direct and savagely cutting prices. They also have laid off a number (not a large number I have heard) of staff in El Paso. On the engineering side, they recently hired Alexandre Tartar of France to Head new Pulse Induction Detector development based on his very promising Manta series of PI detectors which showed great depth and useful iron discrimination - that is truly new - but even there, it is based on conventional PI design concepts.

Ive seen his YT video about what he was working on and it was VERY impressive. Not perfected yet but definitely very promising and looking like a likely game changer. It's great news if FT has hired him.

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can’t possibly think that after you baited a hook and dropping the “facts” in an online forum without any backup
You were not going to be challenged on your credentials.

165C14D2-DA66-420F-9587-E6810DB5E690.jpeg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it civil please.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, but the difference here is that ML announced a detector and announced the technology in it and what it does different from past detectors. FT has done none of that. I haven't asked any ML testers to reveal info, but I haven't had any ML testers saying in a public forum "Minelab will release brand new technology very soon". So, you open the dialogue, you should be ready to talk. Not ready to talk, then stick to your NDL.

Ahh...but I did not break my NDA since I did not provide specifics. I have read it clearly. If I was wanting to expand on the dialogue I would have in my first post. I was simply giving reasoning as to why FT is not folding as a company. You took it further and demanded proof to my claim on "what" the tech was. That is a whole different subject. Obviously one that won't be discussed here.

You can’t possibly think that after you baited a hook and dropping the “facts” in an online forum without any backup
You were not going to be challenged on your credentials.

View attachment 1526556

They sponsor my YT channel and I test for them. Those are my credentials.

My point was to provide reasoning as to why the original story was bogus. Obvioisly a company working on new tech is not folding.

Asking "what new technology" is a completely different aspect that I cannot get into. I was not baiting....the fish jumped by itself.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You took it further and demanded proof to my claim on "what" the tech was. That is a whole different subject. Obviously one that won't be discussed here.

I never demanded anything. You stated new tech was coming, I asked what tech.

They sponsor my YT channel and I test for them. Those are my credentials.

My point was to provide reasoning as to why the original story was bogus. Obvioisly a company working on new tech is not folding. Asking "what new technology" is a completely different aspect that I cannot get into.

see, that was all you had to say.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mechanical design for something involving metal and plastic - injection moulded, stamped - whatever - takes time and a surprising amount of money. Only a fool would spend the money up front without having a solid functional design - electronics, user interface, etc ready. From start to finish something like the iPhone package needs more than a year. detectors are a bit less demanding, but I would be very much surprised if a cpmpany with the relatively limited resources of the metal detector folks could do the mechanical package in much less than a year.

As for all the excitement in this thread - we’re all enthusiasts - sometimes our enthusiasm gets the better of us.

”God rest ye merry gentlemen - let nothing you dismay...”

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill have no more Tomfoolery!!!!!!

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a bogus story from a bogus blog site. They laid off a few employees. Some of them being very good people.

However....

They are building a new warehouse...
Recently hired a new engineer (and other positions)...
Recently acquired a new company...
Make NV googles worth $10K a pop for the military....
Make more from BH alone in a few days than most MD manufacturers make in a month...

Perhaps that can shed some light on the truth of the matter.

That was a real smart decision they made... They dismissed workers but bought another company- could care less about the workers but spend a bunch of money on acquisitions. Nope, not a company I would buy from.

☠ Cipher

Aug 16, 2016
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites: Spectra V3i, MX Sport, Bullseye TRX. Fisher: F75 LTD, 1280-X, F2. XP: Deus. Minelab: X-terra 70, Garrett: AT Pro, Ace 250, Propointer II. Tesoro: Compadre. Bounty Hunter: LRP, QDP, 3300, 2200,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we get so invested in an adversarial position that we cling to it even when it's demonstrably silly. Businesses have to make tough decisions about personnel and innovation. Part of innovating is looking at products and concepts that have potential and bringing them over the finish line. Sometimes you have to let some lower level people go and bring in more people who can create innovative products. If that proves successful you're able to bring those people back when you get cooking. First Texas is not content to sit back and let Minelab lead the industry. They want to build brands that will place them firmly and unequivocally at the head of the table. If they can do that, I'm not going to question their judgement about how they had to get there. I'll be proud that a U.S. company was able to do it again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions