MD3010ii ::: Anyone have any experiences with this machine???

Lexicon7

Jan 1, 2016
Bend Oregon
Detector(s) used
Just getting started and enjoying it! I am a retired land surveyor and used the Schonstedt GA-52Cx Magnetic Locator to locate property corners! It was a blast & I never forgot that!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been seeing these things from China going as low as 50 bucks or thereabout on ebay auction. I have done a lot of research and seems they are indeed a Garrett knockoff but what about doing upgrades and mods. Say changing out the search coil??

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lexicon, you can buy what you want, just remember you get what you pay for. I started with an El Cheapo TC-1023. It would hit a quarter at 7 inches and had 3 tones. I soon wanted to go deeper so 60 days later I bought a used mid level machine. I recommend you start with a machine from one of the main manufacturers. Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist. I have bought most of mine used and have never had an issue. Heck last summer I picked up my F2 with 2 coils for $100.

Here is a list of great starter machines IMHO that I have seen being sold cheap this past year.

Fisher F2

Teknetics Delta

Teknetics Eurotec Pro

Tesoro Compadre (cheap beep and dig machine with a lifetime warranty if you buy new)

Garrett Ace 250 (I am not a fan of the bell tones and this does not give you a numeric target ID like the others I listed)

Whites Treasure Master

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro (the best bang for the buck IMHO) Has many of the bells and whistles that are standard on more expensive machines.

GL & HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lexicon7

Jan 1, 2016
Bend Oregon
Detector(s) used
Just getting started and enjoying it! I am a retired land surveyor and used the Schonstedt GA-52Cx Magnetic Locator to locate property corners! It was a blast & I never forgot that!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Loco, that's some good onfo...

ChuckT

Apr 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lexicon, you can buy what you want, just remember you get what you pay for. I started with an El Cheapo TC-1023. It would hit a quarter at 7 inches and had 3 tones. I soon wanted to go deeper so 60 days later I bought a used mid level machine. I recommend you start with a machine from one of the main manufacturers. Keep an eye on ebay and craigslist. I have bought most of mine used and have never had an issue. Heck last summer I picked up my F2 with 2 coils for $100.

Here is a list of great starter machines IMHO that I have seen being sold cheap this past year.

Fisher F2

Teknetics Delta

Teknetics Eurotec Pro

Tesoro Compadre (cheap beep and dig machine with a lifetime warranty if you buy new)

Garrett Ace 250 (I am not a fan of the bell tones and this does not give you a numeric target ID like the others I listed)

Whites Treasure Master

Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro (the best bang for the buck IMHO) Has many of the bells and whistles that are standard on more expensive machines.

GL & HH
Surprised to see Bounty Hunter in your list. I thought they were pure trash.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just saw a Whites Goldmaster II go for 87 bucks on ebay. I already have two of them. Nice for old gold mine sites with lots of square nails. It will tell you if it is iron! If you are near Bend,Oregon. I would consider one of these old classics. I have read on other forums about gold being found in stream near Bend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions