Tenderfoot
May 5, 2016
SW Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Been metal detecting a little for 2 years now. Started with a Bounty Hunter and found a few things. But I had no luck with it on the salt water beaches here in Nova Scotia Canada. So after reading and researching some I decided to buy a AT Pro. as I was gathered if would give me one machine for both land and beach. Well I did better on land with the AT Pro, but still have trouble locating much of anything on the salt water beaches here in N.S..
One of my sons has recently bought a home near Tampa Florida and I am thinking that I might go down and visit him and maybe do some detecting on the beaches near there later this winter. Would the Sand Shark be a good machine to use when I visit him ?, and would it also be good to use on the salt water beaches here in Nova Scotia ? I am a senior on a fixed income, and I want to be sure that I get a detector that will do the job on the beaches in both areas. I can keep my other detectors for land use.
I also would like to know if there are regulations that I should be aware of, or any rules that would apply to me as a Canadian, metal detecting in Florida

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sand shark will do very well here in the Florida wet sand and the AtPro is a great dry sand detector. Almost all west Florida beaches are open game.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your least expensive choice would be the Tesoro Sand Shark $600.00. I use it (8" coil).

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The At Pro will not work well on salt beaches.. It's ok in fresh water but you will never make it work well in wet salty sand

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the sand shark as well, and I second Terry’s response. It’s a phenomenal, easy to operate machine with a lifetime guarantee. If you’re using it in and around salt water, a lifetime warranty is a pretty nice thing to have if you ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread