Need help on these 4 Please

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus is a great machine but with the price of equinox 800 I would think twice. Vaquero is a solid machine with the 8x10 DD coil but Tejon is better for slightly more money. Fisher f75se was a great performer for me but with the newer units out $800 can get u a better machine(my opinion). Ace 400 for $340....no way! You can get a used ATPro for that price.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Deus. It sucks stuff out of the ground. It weighs almost nothing, and you can go all day with it.

I also have the Vaquero, it is my backup machine and my "lets look everywhere fast" machine. It is a little heavier than the Deus, weight is all important to me, and I use it to zero in on house sites on large areas, it's also good at the beach.

I have a digging bud that has the f75, it works for him very well but I've never owned one. I wouldn't bother with the ACE.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ace is very nose heavy with its stock coil and youth length arm rest and grip. This kills the weight advantage. plus no ground balance.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is why I bought the Compadre afterwards I did feel Ace lil nose heavy..great machine just wish could be a lil ligher, if you go with 5x7 dd coil heard helps out with the weight abit...but price will go up.

OP
OP
C

CustomCorvette

Mar 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone i decided on a Used Deus, Thanks again to all.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The vaquero is cheaper and quieter in trash than the Tejon but the Tejon has more clarity at depth. For typical hunting, the vaquero would be better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions