AT Pro V/S XP Deus V/S CTX 3030

Dice414

Mar 3, 2014
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been having the AT Pro for a while now & it's been a great detector but was wanting something more, lighter, smarter, wireless & powerful. Was looking/ researching the XP Deus, it's very light, compact, wireless etc... but is it really more powerful/ deeper detecting than the AT Pro. If I'm not mistaken I've found a few coins in the 7 in. to 8 in. depth with the AT Pro. Would I want to spend $800 and switch?

Also, I know the CTX 3030 is a great detector & has a long learning curve. I've seen videos where the Deus missed a target & the 3030 went behind the Deus & found the target immediately. The 3030 is pricey new but used ones can be had for $1,100 to $1,300.

I mostly hunt, pastures, parks, yards, beaches ( Not underwater ) & really don't metal detect a lot but when I do I like to have a great machine. Just curious what some of you more experienced detectors have to say.

Thank you!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the F75LTD and hunt with my friends who either have the XP Deus or a CTX and I compete well with them. I had a Deus and sold it since it never hit on anything my F75 would not have detected. I am a little timid when it comes to rechargeable machines and accessories, just know that sooner or later they are gonna die and your machine or coils will need to be shipped out. If my batteries get low, I simply replace them. I am very content at digging old wheats and 9 inches. My deepest coin using the F75LTD was large silver at 10-10.5 inches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread