XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't speak for Tesoro. I have 6 Tesoro's, all bought second hand but never had a problem with one of them. We have here in Belgium 2 years of guarantue on them but in the US there is a lifetime guarantee on a Tesoro. I don't think any brand can beat that.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Whites has a lifetime warranty, but they don't advertise it. I have had amazing results with them.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites service is excellent. Their warranty is not lifetime, but if you are the original owner, they’ll often be generous with coverage.

Tesoro service is very good as well, but the lifetime warranty is to the original purchaser only. They’ve used to not enforce this much - but times have changed.

Feb 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Mojave, Garret AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro’s lifetime warranty is hard to beat; however, they are slow to respond to emails.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites has been over the top service for me.

jsulateskee

Dec 14, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Mojave & Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it can be hit or miss for any company. In my experience, I've had great interactions with reps from bounty hunter (first texas) and Tesoro. I had emailed BH to ask them about an accessory and somehow my email went unnoticed. I posted a review about it and within a day a rep got back to me apologizing for having missed my email. They answered my questions and ended up sending me the accessory I was asking about free of charge (Not saying they'll always do this as I'm sure it's a case by case basis) but I ended up pretty pleased with them in the end. In addition, I had emailed Tesoro about an issue I was having and received a response within a couple of hours. They answered my question(s) very thoroughly and ended up helping resolve my issues without having to send my machine in to them. Tesoro followed up with me a few days later. I ended purchasing a Tesoro because of their lifetime warranty as well.

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I own a Nokta Impact, and lost a bolt for the arm rest sometime last year. I emailed Dilek (Nokta's customer service rep & voice on Nokta forums) and asked where I could purchase 1, and she sent me 3 FREE all the way from Turkey. Took 1 week. Can't beat free.

Keep and eye on this company and their technologies - the arrow is definately pointing up for them.

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will have to put a vote in for Garrett, just got off the phone with them and they are sending me a new AT Max without even looking over mine, now that's customer service.

Carl

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will have to put a vote in for Garrett, just got off the phone with them and they are sending me a new AT Max without even looking over mine, now that's customer service.

Carl

I wonder if this was their policy pre-Equinox..

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Garrett is the best.Have used them twice and each time they have been courteous and treated my concerns
in a positive manner.Very satisfied.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
In the 80's, I bought a used Garrett and a couple years later had problems with it. I went to the local metal detector shop and they sent it in to Garrett and Garrett fixed it and shipped it, no charge.
A couple of issues with the AT Pro that they bent over backwards to take care of as well.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites service has been so-so for me.
I tested them and wanted see if they would fix a detector that had a saltwater intrusion problem.
They gladly charged me for repairs while under warranty . I was surprised and very disappointed.
YMMV

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites service has been so-so for me.
I tested them and wanted see if they would fix a detector that had a saltwater intrusion problem.
They gladly charged me for repairs while under warranty . I was surprised and very disappointed.
YMMV

Sorry for your experience :(

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your experience :(

Thanks.
In retrospect its good for me to know what kind of company I'm dealing with.
The money was well spent.
Never again Whites.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im with most on this as well for customer service nothing beats Whites and Tesoro for me too, can't think of any other that gone up and beyond what you would expect from two great companys that have put out some damn good detectors.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
In 24 years since I got my first detector I've had only a single issue and that was the battery holder on my GTAX 1000 broke. I contacted Garrett and they quickly sent me a new one free of charge. They didn't ask me for any warranty or anything and I had that machine about 15 years when it happened.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Garrett! I broke my arm cuff, called Garrett sent one out same day no charge only had to pay shipping.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
White and Fisher so far. I think we'll see an increase in all Detector customer service in the future because of competition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions