Wait for Equinox 800 or pick up a used XP Deus? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Wait for Equinox 800 or pick up a used XP Deus?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current:T2, Compadre, Vaquero, and 300i. Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    310 times
    Metal Detecting
    Wait to buy an 800 for now you many want to consider pick up a secong machine, cheap over $200 Tesoro Compadre, used Silver, Mojave, or Cibola, maybe a Teknetics Liberator or even BH LRP. These are very good machines to consider.

Apr 2018
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by doggoneitdignit View Post
    Wait to buy an 800 for now you many want to consider pick up a secong machine, cheap over $200 Tesoro Compadre, used Silver, Mojave, or Cibola, maybe a Teknetics Liberator or even BH LRP. These are very good machines to consider.
    Good to know. Yeah, I decided that I'll probably wait for the 800 instead of getting the 600, at the very least. The gold mode alone would be worth it for me, as I'll be out in the desert a lot searching for the abandoned mining shafts and towns.

I'll search up those machines too, thanks. I have a friend who's letting me borrow her Garrett Ace 400 too, so it'll be fun to try a few out.
    doggoneitdignit likes this.

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    Current:T2, Compadre, Vaquero, and 300i. Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
    310 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Yentlequible View Post
    Good to know. Yeah, I decided that I'll probably wait for the 800 instead of getting the 600, at the very least. The gold mode alone would be worth it for me, as I'll be out in the desert a lot searching for the abandoned mining shafts and towns.

I'll search up those machines too, thanks. I have a friend who's letting me borrow her Garrett Ace 400 too, so it'll be fun to try a few out.
    Let me know what you think of her Ace 400 as well, was going to indicate one Garrett above earlier. Forgot to mention that they are very good units too and from what I hear you could get lucky could pick up a used AT PRO and definately in comparison to the AT PRO the 400 is no slouch.

Apr 2018
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by doggoneitdignit View Post
    Let me know what you think of her Ace 400 as well, was going to indicate one Garrett above earlier. Forgot to mention that they are very good units too and from what I hear you could get lucky could pick up a used AT PRO and definately in comparison to the AT PRO the 400 is no slouch.
    So I've only used it once so far, but I got a couple hours of messing around with it. Being completely new to detectors, it was a bit of a learning experience, but not hard to figure out. I used it in a friend's backyard and was getting lots of signals from past year's projects. It seemed pretty reliable, and we dug every spot we found. Without a pin pointer though, we wasted a lot of time sifting through dirt only to find little pieces of scrap metal. Right before we quit, we did find a cool little trinket that I still don't have an ID for. Something old and solid brass or copper. Similar to a button or little weight. So I'd say it was a successful first hunt. My pinpointer arrived today, so the next time I'm out should be much better.

Overall, it seems like a solid detector. I only messed with the preset modes, but I got mostly similar results across them all. It has a depth guage that didn't seem too accurate, but I'll be able to test that better with this pin pointer. But at the very least, the detector seemed pretty accurate to a certain depth. There was nearly always a little scrap of something wherever it went off. It'll keep me satisfied until I get the model I want.
    doggoneitdignit likes this.

ca
    Oct 2016
    Canadian Eh
    310 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks for sharing your hunt with the Ace 400. It is always good to remember to keep it in Jewerly mode most of the time from what I have been doing and what others have mentioned so you won't miss on any good targets, or even all metal. It is great to hear that you can borrow someones detector to try it out before you buy as there are alot to choose from especially while thinking what you want as a cheaper go to machine...while your waiting for the NOX 800 to arrive if that will be your prize machine which sounds like a good choice.

HH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links