Equinox 600 vs Nokia Impact vs MX Sport
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2008

Equinox 600 vs Nokia Impact vs MX Sport

Iíve been using an Ace 250 for about 3 years, and Iím looking to get a better detector in the $600 to $800 price range. Iím considering the Equinox 600, the Notka Impact, and the MX Sport. I hunt all sorts of areas; parks, fields, and fresh-water beaches. Which would you buy?

I would go to a dealer and try each out. It may take some doing but buying from what a manufacturer says on their website may not work out too well. Either machine should be a good one.

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    17073 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Why the Impact and not the Mutli-Kruzer?
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Aug 2008
    The closest dealer is over 2 hours from me and doesn’t carry all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco-Digger View Post
    Why the Impact and not the Mutli-Kruzer?
    I hadn’t seen the Multi-Kruzer. I’ll check it out.

I would drive the two hours to see the two. I have bought a few what turned out to be turkeys in the past sight unseen.

us
    Apr 2014
    NJ
    Whites Spectra V3i, Whites MX5, Whites BH 300, Whites MX Sport, Tek Europro, Tesoro Compadre, Makro Multi Kruzer .......... No longer own....... Etrac, CTX3030, G2, Fisher F4 Tesoro Bandido
    275 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you have a local club it might be worth the time to join it. The machines mentioned are all popular, so there's a good chance that fellow members will own them. Ask if you can swing the machines so you can see which machine fits you best. The Impact is NOT waterproof - the Multi Kruzer is (just so you know). I haven't used the Nox so I can't say anything about it. I do own/use the Multi Kruzer and the MX Sport - both are great machines, but they are different. Choosing one over the other would be extremely difficult for me; it would come down to where and what I was hunting. Best of luck in your search.

Feb 2017
    Pa
    EQ 800 & 600, Fisher F75 +, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Conquistador, Bounty hunter Tracker iv
    3856 times
    Metal Detecting
    I'd buy an Equinox 600. Simply for the fact if you don't like it you could put up for sale and recoup a bigger percentage of the cost vs the Nokta.....then try something else. The Equinox should be like driving a Ferrari vs a Ford Tempo after using the 250.

us
    Aug 2008
    Thank you all for the input. I made an offer on a used equinox 800, but if the doesn't work out I've decided to go with the 600.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links