Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go to a dealer and try each out. It may take some doing but buying from what a manufacturer says on their website may not work out too well. Either machine should be a good one.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why the Impact and not the Mutli-Kruzer?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would drive the two hours to see the two. I have bought a few what turned out to be turkeys in the past sight unseen.

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a local club it might be worth the time to join it. The machines mentioned are all popular, so there's a good chance that fellow members will own them. Ask if you can swing the machines so you can see which machine fits you best. The Impact is NOT waterproof - the Multi Kruzer is (just so you know). I haven't used the Nox so I can't say anything about it. I do own/use the Multi Kruzer and the MX Sport - both are great machines, but they are different. Choosing one over the other would be extremely difficult for me; it would come down to where and what I was hunting. Best of luck in your search.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd buy an Equinox 600. Simply for the fact if you don't like it you could put up for sale and recoup a bigger percentage of the cost vs the Nokta.....then try something else. The Equinox should be like driving a Ferrari vs a Ford Tempo after using the 250.

OP
OP
J

jerkbate

Tenderfoot
Aug 4, 2008
Thank you all for the input. I made an offer on a used equinox 800, but if the doesn't work out I've decided to go with the 600.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions