Have made my decision, now, where to buy?

Steve_K

Aug 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After asking for some advice in "the age old question" thread. I learned two things. The two most popular detectors in my price range are the minelab equinox and the deus xp. The second thing I learned is that equinox users love their machine and xp users love their machine as well.
I watched several youtube videos comparing the two machines and from that feel the machines are very evenly matched. The deus might have a very slight edge, but not enough to justify the extra expense so I will go with a minelab.
I didn't find any dealers in my area so for me, as an amazon prime member and amazon card holder amazon is the obvious choice. Free shipping and 5% cash back get this package to under a thousand. Do I want a package deal? I already have bluetooth headphones I could use and a small detector I use for finding nails in reclaimed wood.
thanks again for any thoughts.

https://www.amazon.com/Minelab-Multi-IQ-Underwater-Waterproof-Detector/dp/B07NN9QV8F/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2ADHL3Y7694JB&keywords=minelab+equinox+800+metal+detector&qid=1565358279&s=gateway&sprefix=minelab%2Caps%2C1208&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A1NSA1GY44MH2N&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyNFU1M1cxM0wySTdXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDk1MDI2WUgyVldEWUM0SkVPJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA2NzU0MzUyVEdHT01DS0pNR0FVJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon will not give you any support at all, they know absolutely nothing about detecting. Buy from one of our supporting vendors, when you have a question you can call them and get assistance.

OP
OP
S

Steve_K

Aug 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazon will not give you any support at all, they know absolutely nothing about detecting. Buy from one of our supporting vendors, when you have a question you can call them and get assistance.

Thanks for the reply and I am not opposed to doing that and I understand exactly what you're saying. Maybe I'm thick but I don't seem to find such a list anywhere?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On our website is section called "supporting vendors." It is found just below "Collectors Forums" and immediatly above "Market Place:.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And be sure to get a 6" coil with it. When you get in heavy iron it is a must have.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Kieth is a great dealer. Bart at Big Boy Hobbies is another. I've done biz with both and they know their stuff and will help but you must call and talk.

OP
OP
S

Steve_K

Aug 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think my mind was just made up for me. Big Boy Hobbies has a link for 15% military discount on the minelab. That makes it a no brainer I think

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 15% is a Minelab discount for military vets. Have to produce proof of military service.

OP
OP
S

Steve_K

Aug 7, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh geez, I thought it was for veterinarians! :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all dealers give the 15% discount on Minekab detectors. Discount can be used once a year on most Minelab detectors, not valid on accessories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread