OP
OP
E

EGY fox

Greenie
Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need vertical gradiometer to make archaeological maps to detect voids and caves at great depth more than 33 ft . there is alot of gradiometers on web but I need members experiences ib this equipment. I have budgets within 2000 to 3000 us dollar .

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
don't think its going to happen
appreciate that a mag reads the magnetic field, multiple sensors can enable teasing out more info - but always magnetic

a void is not magnetic, and the induced difference from the general field most likely will not be detectable
many things can be done with software -> but you better see it in action

add at least one zero to your budget, seriously
IF you can find a unit, rent it with the operator including post-analysis

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about magnetiometer (magnetic gradiometer)? If so, i know where to get a chip DIY kit, but voids and tunnels cannot be detectet with such instrument (unless voids in feromagnetic ore).
The chippest way to detect voids is two box or maybe a PI with a woid detect option such as Nokta's military line. The best way is conductometry (ERT) or/and geophone array system. None is chip, but you can make a lot by yourselfe. The conductometer i made costed me around 100 EUR, it takes a lot of work to use it, unlike pro. line. The ERT software can be downloaded for free, usualy in Russian and a flavour of English.

OP
OP
E

EGY fox

Greenie
Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't think its going to happen
appreciate that a mag reads the magnetic field, multiple sensors can enable teasing out more info - but always magnetic

a void is not magnetic, and the induced difference from the general field most likely will not be detectable
many things can be done with software -> but you better see it in action

add at least one zero to your budget, seriously
IF you can find a unit, rent it with the operator including post-analysis

magnetic survey technique can detect voids and distribution of rock seems but you can find this ability at Geometrics products so Is Bulgarian products like Tangra GeoMagne Radar can do this job?

OP
OP
E

EGY fox

Greenie
Mar 27, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about magnetiometer (magnetic gradiometer)? If so, i know where to get a chip DIY kit, but voids and tunnels cannot be detectet with such instrument (unless voids in feromagnetic ore).
The chippest way to detect voids is two box or maybe a PI with a woid detect option such as Nokta's military line. The best way is conductometry (ERT) or/and geophone array system. None is chip, but you can make a lot by yourselfe. The conductometer i made costed me around 100 EUR, it takes a lot of work to use it, unlike pro. line. The ERT software can be downloaded for free, usualy in Russian and a flavour of English.

What did you mean (coductometry)? did you mean resistivity method?. geophones are used at seismic method with very low resolution

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
I had a Geometrics G-856 and a G-858 and the examples on their site represent very high quality work with optimum equipment.
If you expect to do similar . . . .
- no exp outside of Geometrics, and there is new equip as well

good luck

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, resistivity method, or conductometry if you prefer 1/x. You can mesure resistance of a given object or its conductance which it 1/x of the same thing and calculate specific resistivity or conductivity by knowing crossection and lenght of current pass.

I strongly advise you to get in contact with somebody who actually uses given machine, before you attempt to buy it - there is a lot of bs and fakes on the net.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions