White's 4900/DL MAX vs modern metal detectors

saper_13

Dec 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
I am using the White's 4900/DL MAX detector and it seems to me that the time has come to replace the equipment with something "modern" will Minelab Equinox 800 be a good direction?
I have no comparison to new detectors and I would like to ask for advice from people who have dealt with the White's 4900 / DL MAX detector and does the change of equipment bring about big changes in the "quality" of searches?
I will immediately write that I am interested in IWW and IIWW in Europe and the detector is used to study the remains of these wars.

Thanks for any help
Jacob

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Jacob, I used a White's 4900 back in the day. Quality of searches (finds?) is probably more dependent on research and locations where you hunt.
What I can say is that the weight and ergonomics of newer detectors does effect my physical "comfort" while searching.
Equinox 800 or Nokta simplex would be top on my list.

Good luck with your hunts.

OP
OP
S

saper_13

Dec 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much for your answer, and how does the White's 4900 / DL MAX compare to new detectors in terms of depth, seperation, masking?
I mean, does it stand out technically?
Because when it comes to ergonomic considerations for sure :)

ken135

Sep 24, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
F75LTD, G2+, Tesoro Mojave & Bandido 2 micro-max, Deep Tech GG & X
Primary Interest:
Other
Detector's today have faster processors so they get better separation and less masking. As far as depth, not sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions