Goldbug Pro I think I'm in over my head. Help me put my mind to ease!

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
I'm about to spend $550 on a Goldbug Pro( supposedly brand new) from someone I don't know and I've always wanted a metal detector like this, but I've read there are some gold bug pros that are no good, and that each batch has a few "hot ones" and "lemons"

Basically what I need to know before I spend this much money is HOW do I test it to make sure it's a good Goldbug Pro and not a bunk one?

I have some grams of gold I can test it on... Do I bury it up to 7 inches and test it? DO I try different soil types?

Is there a crash course before buying for the Goldbug Pro?

THANKS! ( in advance :notworthy:)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fireseye, have a Mod. move this over to "Metal Detecting for Gold" in
the Prospecting section. You'll get more replies over there.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is your Crash Course: Get a Minelab Goldmonster 1000 from a SPONSOR here on the forum. Problem solved.:occasion14:

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
I would, but this guy I found is only 30 minutes from me, and he's willing to accept $350 in trade and $200 in cash .... so it's a pretty good deal for me!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask yourself are you going to be using it a lot and is it going to be a multi use detector and will it fit everything you want to use it for. If you answer yes to your own questions then you have made your decision. Also is gold real prevalent in your area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread