Any Garrett ATX owners here? Need advice

bonedoctor

Aug 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ATX owners here? Ive been using a Tekentics T2 for some time. I live on a trading post/camp/native property. I feel like Ive cleaned it out pretty will with the T2 (minus small iron). I thought I would go to the next level and get an ATX. My issue is that Im just digging and digging trash iron. Unfortunately, iron gives one of its two signals, and an old rusted can fragment does the other signal....so iron signals are killing the machine.

Am I just going to have to dig everything with the ATX? I was hoping to find some deeper coins or Indian jewelry, but that may not be worth the effort. I dug up a single bird shot BB about 12' deep today. You would have thought I was getting the signal for an aluminum can right under the surface! Am I hopeless?

amar

Greenie
Nov 5, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any ATX owners here? Ive been using a Tekentics T2 for some time. I live on a trading post/camp/native property. I feel like Ive cleaned it out pretty will with the T2 (minus small iron). I thought I would go to the next level and get an ATX. My issue is that Im just digging and digging trash iron. Unfortunately, iron gives one of its two signals, and an old rusted can fragment does the other signal....so iron signals are killing the machine.

Am I just going to have to dig everything with the ATX? I was hoping to find some deeper coins or Indian jewelry, but that may not be worth the effort. I dug up a single bird shot BB about 12' deep today. You would have thought I was getting the signal for an aluminum can right under the surface! Am I hopeless?
Which state you belongs in india?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure off hand, but is the ATX a pulse induction detector? if so, might be the wrong machine for where you are hunting. I have never owned a PI machine, but my understanding is that they are VERY sensitive with no or little discrim. I have read that unless you may be willing to dig a bobbie pin what 18" deep? or something like that, better to go with something other that a PI. Other fella's on the forum who know both types can give a much better answer. Good luck there, sounds like a really good place to detect.....Ah,...if the ATX is NOT a PI machine, forget everything I just typed. Just checked in the Forum, it is a PI machine. Strange though, there seem to be no post under ATX for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bonedoctor

Aug 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Amar, Im in the USA and generally speaking Indian refers to native american here.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Hey Amar, Im in the USA and generally speaking Indian refers to native american here.

Pretty sure he thought you lived in India and was just asking what state of India you lived, like Punjab etc. East “Indians” are not considered Native Americans. You’re thinking of aboriginal Indigenous Indians which are Native Americans.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread