gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox is deeper and more stable in mineralized soil. One of the best features of the Nox is that it can be used for more purposes like gold (800) and salt beaches (600 and 800). I have both, the ATP is now a loaner machine. I just got an 800 on craigslist for a friend of mine who has used his ATP very successfully for almost ten years and he is loving the Nox. If you look on ebay the price of used ATPs has dropped and this is largely due to the fact that Noxes are eating ATP's lunches. Even the Vanquish is a better salt beach machine than the ATP. I liked my ATP just fine but it's technology is simply getting outdated. I see that you are located fairly near the ocean and the CA gold fields, the Nox may open up some good gold and salt beach detecting for you that the ATP just can't handle efficiently.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox is deeper and more stable in mineralized soil. One of the best features of the Nox is that it can be used for more purposes like gold (800) and salt beaches (600 and 800). I have both, the ATP is now a loaner machine. I just got an 800 on craigslist for a friend of mine who has used his ATP very successfully for almost ten years and he is loving the Nox. If you look on ebay the price of used ATPs has dropped and this is largely due to the fact that Noxes are eating ATP's lunches. Even the Vanquish is a better salt beach machine than the ATP. I liked my ATP just fine but it's technology is simply getting outdated. I see that you are located fairly near the ocean and the CA gold fields, the Nox may open up some good gold and salt beach detecting for you that the ATP just can't handle efficiently.
Thank you for the info I really appreciate it. I was reading AT Pro is getting dated. So I'm thinking it's time for something better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread